The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Are the Gurus Right?

Cay Candies

Hello there.

Most experts say that if we want to make a real income on the internet we need to avoid following the get rich quick schemes and the doing tedious jobs opportunities because all this is is a waste of time, money, and efforts.

The pros also suggest that instead of following these schemes the best thing is to concentrate ones efforts and only doing one thing: building a real business!

What do you think about this?

Thank you in advance.

Cay Candies.

Yup. I agree.

You have to look at what you do as a serious business. Whether you're affiliate marketing, MLM, drop shipping, eBay selling, creating products, or whatever, you have to devote your time to it as you would a 9-to-5 job. The ultimate goal is self-sufficiency, which personally drives me every day. I'm working to work myself out of a job.

Money never comes easily and there is no Get Rich Overnight. Despite the hard work you put into it, working online is a lot more fun and takes a lot less money. That makes it more play than work. It's all about working smarter. ;)

Regards,

Tony

Gurus?

Oregon is spot on with his response to that question Cay.
There is 'no free lunch' on the internet. Not really, You've got to work, but like Oregon says, 'work smart'.

Beric:cool:

I think working smarter is key. You need to put in the time and effort, but in the right areas. If you're working 12 hours a day hand coding a complex static website that could easily be made using Wordpress or another CMS, your time is being used poorly, even though you are working hard.

As for building a real business, I'm still trying to master this myself (still very much in the learning phase of things at the moment). My current strategy involves building content rich resource sites in several completely unrelated niches, and promoting through all of the traditional white hat methods. I have a schedule that splits up content creation, link building, and managing the affiliate programs into separate phases of my time. As sites become more mature, I will begin new ones while still maintaining the old ones. This way, I'm sort of ramping up my income as time goes on. Is this a real business? I'm not sure, but its a strategy that works for me. I assume as I have more success later on, I will be able to refine my plan for better efficiency, but for now, I like the track I'm on.

Hello there.

Most experts say that if we want to make a real income on the internet we need to avoid following the get rich quick schemes and the doing tedious jobs opportunities because all this is is a waste of time, money, and efforts.

The pros also suggest that instead of following these schemes the best thing is to concentrate ones efforts and only doing one thing: building a real business!

Cay Candies.

Hi

I agree in this case but you do have to take care as to how much you believe the 'gurus'. I've just learned that a ghost writer was interviewed and asked for some names of the various people that had requested her services. Many of the names turned out to be high-ranking gurus. It appears that the gurus hadn't even written the item. Worse still, the ghost writer admitted that there were times she didn't understand what she was writing about.

Like many others I too have been inundated by all manner of marketing gimmicks and it really is important to focus and not get sidetracked. However once in a while, just when you're at a particular stage in your work, something comes up that fits in - that's the time to seriously have a look at it.

For example, I'm just at the point of writing articles to submit to EzineArticles for the purposes of attracting traffic to my new site. But then I received information about how Web 2.0 is far better when it comes to getting traffic -that it's the new wave on the Internet. This info was very appropriate and I've therefore broadened my marketing efforts to include this. At the end of the day it is important to keep up with the times or you'll get left behind.

Regards
Genny

Gurus?!

Hi Guys/Gals,

I suppose one won't argue that another word for 'internet' could be 'confusing' or 'dumbfounded' or something like that. Because except for the very seasoned and experienced person, that's pretty much how it leaves you.

The trouble is that most internet marketers are 'copycats'. But hey, that's not to say that that in itself is so bad. We learn from others - both from their sucess and/or failure.

But right now the average 'Joe' with a little experience can readily dish out what seems like pretty convincing stuff. They get all conversational and down-to-earth in their appeal, just swooning you into accepting their story or appeal or whatever. And believe it or not, that is a big part of the trouble for newbies and even 'not-so-newbies'.

You get "proof'" of earnings with the actual names blanked out. Looks pretty official but really, THAT's NO PROOF unless you could reliably check out the source and verify it. And don't you know that these sources are bound by law to keep such info. confidential?

You get beautifully stamped "GUARANTEES" - money back "no question asked" if not happy with a product. HAAAAAA!!! Most won't even acknowledge your email. And that's where the early precautions due diligence comes in. At least as far as one can go, before jumping in.

I tell you, I am pretty scrupulous myself, not gullible, but man, have I been taken in before. One of the things that can help, however, is to as questions of those involved. And that's where forums of our calibre here, comes in.

By the way, I don't necessarily mean that ALL "Guarantees" and 'proof of earnings' displayed on websites are false. But quite a lot are very dubious.

Gotta run, now.

Beric:cool:

Hi Beric

I so heartily agree with you - and I had to laugh when I read your post, it struck such a chord in me. But hey, I was as green as they come, but with all that crap they dish out, I DID learn. I think what saved my day was the fact that I was totally broke and had no money to spend. So I guess the best advice which I read recently was to put a giant lock and key on your wallet (and I might add a dirty big rat trap as well). If you do that you can't go wrong.

But I tell you, there's at least one guru who's worth subscribing to - Michael Campbell. I've found him really good - full of helpful info, he's got lot's of really helpful and inspiring freebies etc. No I'm not an affiliate of his - I just really like him. If you want to subscribe to his newsletters you can do so at Michael Campbell - Internet Marketing Secrets - if you want you can scrutinize the link to reassure yourself that it's not an affiliate link - I just think he's really worth subscribing to.

Regards
Genny

Gurus?

Hi yourself, Genny,

I enjoyed your response too.
And thanks for the Michael Campbell reference. I 'll check it out.

Beric:)

banners
Back