The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Are Affiliate Commissions Negotiable?

runnerguy

affiliate
This is something I've always wondered but never been in position of 'need to know', until now. I'm in some programs for personal loans and I notice that within the admin panel (usually CJ) it will say something like

Personal Loan: Application
Commission: $0

Personal Loan: Funded
Commission $85

in other parts I will see things like 'default commission structure'.

Does this mean that they are paying other affiliates for 'Personal Loan: Application' and I could likely negotiate a commission for such? Also could I negotiate up the commission rate?

If the application will bring certain conversation rate, you will get funded commission. Otherwise, you can not get commission from "application", as you traffic resource will be doubt as fraud.

Hey guys, commissions are actually negotiable in most affiliate programs, especially Amazon's affiliate network.
But you need to have a strong site/brand/existing prolific track record with the affiliate program is you hope to negotiate your commission rates. Unless you are the new york times or a longstanding affiliate generating hundreds of thousands of dollars every month, you won't be considered for rate negotiation. For example, our own site is pretty cool but will probably never be able to generate enough sales to appear on Amazon's radars...

MI
Back