The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

anyone using UK2 web hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwb

affiliate
Just wanting to hear some user reviews, found some in the past but wanted to see if anyone is using them now? was thinking of just getting a cheap dedicated with them

UK2 = A pile of crap.

Worse than 1&1.

Avoid at all costs.

KP
doh that is not good to hear, in other forums people were saying they were great? what happened when you used them???

ya ive used 1 and 1 and they suck

Since Ditlev took over, things have improoved considerably. I would give them a test before you make your mind up.

Send them a ticket see if they responsed the way you want/like
Give them a call see how they respond, how long it takes etc.

Are the packages too good to be true?

I used them ages ago, they were complete rubbish, just like BionicInternetLtd said, new are coming out that they are better now, will not go back to them based on my previous experience though.

I used them years ago so I don't know what they are like now.

Once burnt twice as shy when it comes to hosting.

For me hosting is the most overlooked/underrated core element of any online business.

Price is not a compromise these days. I would rather pay say $400 per month opposed to $100 per month for a dedicated server.

That's just a personal thing.

KP

I used their shared hosting for our offsite status blog last year. Their uptime and performance was fine though i'm not sure about their dedis.

If its nothing critical, then give them a try. If you do need something stable and reliable, it might be worth searching for someone with a reliable track-record.. though you'll end up paying for it.

UK2 does seam to of changed around a lot lately and id say they are worth a try if they offer something that looks good.

Im not sure i would ever use them for domains myself however, but the servers do look quite tempting.

Not happy with UK2

With business account i do not have any control over redirection of domains.... The steps are: 1. setting up inside the UK2 account, 2. other set ups in the cpanel, 3. Asking UK2 support to do the rest. They treat you like kids.
And the result is a total mess up, chaos, empty pages, or pages with UK2 header (!)..

Spoke to sales man, they dont understand this, telling me I should have control and I should make sure I read their help sites. YES THANKS< I DID THAT ALL .
Please get me out of here!!

Please can anyone tell me a good provider, where you can start working and where you not impelled to fiddle around with time consuming settings procedures?

Im not sure i would ever use them for domains myself however, but the servers do look quite tempting.

I've managed a few UK2 servers for clients recently and support was lacking which is a real shame as at one point I was getting more sense out of UK2 support than I was Rackspace.

ChrisB.

UK2 still a waist of time

How can UK2 create web administration so chaotic??!!??
There is no clear answer from the support.
Alright I might be not a geek, but clearer structure and usefull answers to my questions would be quite helpfull.
Seems that even the Support People get lost, in fact.

:boiling:I am sitting here 2 days now to transfer my domains away from them without getting charged £13 per domain! They where originally transfered from another provider to UK2 for free...
And its inside the 30days. And they are running out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back