The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anyone using Hosting Zoom ?

Bisje

affiliate
I'm using shared hosting at Hosting Zoom inc for 2 of my websites (2 separate accounts, 1 on my name and the other on a customer's name)... and I believe it was after reading a positive review here on the forum.

I have to say that I'm really dissapointed in the quality of their service. Most of the time my visitors are getting "internal server errors" and the websites can not be reached. I suspect the problem resides in the fact that I'm using mySQL and the connection to the database server is really bad :scared:

Also the helpdesk isn't really helpfull. Only answers I get are : Everything is allright on our side... Yeah, what the :censored: can I do with that kind of answer. All the visitors of my forum are complaining about the errors... so it's not just an idea I have :(

Is there anyone else using Hosting Zoom ?
I'm seriously considering moving to another hosting provider but don' know which one...

Thanks for your feedback Don.
How did you discovered them ? Do you know other people using their services ?
I don't want to sound rude, but I hope you understand that I don't want to change from hostingprovider every month :) ... so I'm trying to gather the most information as possible...

I don't want to sound rude, but I hope you understand that I don't want to change from hostingprovider every month :) ... so I'm trying to gather the most information as possible...

I know them because owner of this hosting is a member of Digital Point.

DON.

Eric,
Don't change in a hurry, there is not perfect hosting company out there. Let me or Bagi help you fix your current problem and then look for a new hosting but take your time, do not move in a rush.

Thanks

I'll be honest, I had a similar problem as you with Hosting Zoom, though I found their customer service a lot better.

I use Hostgator, but I agree with what Temi said. :)

Thanks for the feedback Temi ;)
I'm not planning to change in a hurry... but I will definitly change. Today I joined the Zoom Hosting forum (community) for the fist time... God, I wish I did that before... I even do not understand that they keep this forum alive ?????

Lots, and I really mean LOTS of users are complaining about exactly the same problems I have. Internal server errors, websites down for hours, lack of response from the help desk...
Only positive point is that now I'm sure it's definitly a hosting problem :) When you are an amateur like me, and critical about yourself, you first see if the problem is not with your script or the adaptations you made on it. Now I glad to see lots of experienced users have the same troubles as I have :) :eek:

Right now I'm investigating which is the best solution... I give myself a maximum of a month to take a (hopefully) right decision. My users are complaining every day and if it continue like that, they will leave the forum...

@rhyswynne : I don't blame the support guys. I think the problem is structural and those guys are just trying to gain time and to help the most urgent matters...

This may be a personal thing but it would be worth your while paying that little bit extra to go with a hosting company that have been around for years rather than one of these small silly little reseller people.

I say that because resellers can quite easily go out of business the next day if they can't pay the server fees or some other reason.

KP

You're absolutely right. But as I stated before, Hosting Zoom was reviewed here on the forum and some members which I trust were positive about them... (but sadly enough, nothing last forever...)

It's not a question of money (in the first place), but a question of knowledge... Sorry if I don't know everything...

I have a couple of free sites (sites I run for free for good causes) on a hosting zoom account, I find them great. I only put them there as I was running esyndicat, had issues wtih fopen not allowed, & was recommended them. They are increadibly cheap, I think I pay less than $10 a month for a reseller account.

I have quite a few reseller accounts, about a dozen or so. My main host is in the UK (BP Web), I have been with them since they set up in business and find them great. I have a hostgator account, found their service poor, but reliable, I also use Xilo in the UK, not cheap, but VERY good.

Thanks oldwelshguy. I remember your positive feedback on hosting zoom and it was one of the reasons I decided to work with them.
I have a standard failover plan with them and the first 2-3 months eveything was fine. I even recommended them to 1 of my friends/customers...
But really, the last months it is horrible. Constant internal server errors...

Maybe they are vitim of their own success but... the way their support handle the requests is below everything. And after what I read on their support forum... I don't think it will change before a long time :(

MI
Back