The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anyone interested in a guide on tracking?

Should I work on it?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lol what?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Contentistic

Service Manager
Service Manager
Contentistic.com - Complete Content Management
The importance of tracking in Affiliate Marketing cannot be underestimated.

I see @T J Tutor has managed to negotiate some awesome deals on Voluum, Adsbridge, Funnelflux, Bemod and Redtrack.

But do people even know how to use them?

I see people installing Google Analytics and calling it a day. They don't delve deeper - never bother with GTM or any other tools.

And even then, they track only the visits and demographics that shows up in the default dashboard.

I mean how do you run a paid Facebook Ads campaign without a conversion pixel? How do you track returns? For the lack of a better metaphor, it's akin to throwing a load of wet mud at the wall and seeing what sticks.

--

The tools above are what get you DATA.

They process this DATA and generate what are called DATA DRIVEN INSIGHTS.

You use these insights to modify your campaigns, to optimize, to scale, to replicate.

--

Of course, there's a learning curve attached to it. Tons of knowledge needs to be absorbed. But this is how large traffic works. Doesn't matter if you're into media buying, popunders, FB, LinkedIn, Twitter or just plain simple SEO.

Your tracking game needs to be on point.

So my question is, will you be interested if I work on a post on tracking?

Will, you actually read it? Gain some insights? Or will you mark it as "Read Later" and forget about it?

I'd love to contribute to this community - but there's only so many "one-line" questions I can respond to - where the OP doesn't even bother coming back to acknowledge the answer. (Not just me, but for others like @Graybeard and @Honeybadger who take the time to actually reply in a detailed manner)

The importance of tracking in Affiliate Marketing cannot be underestimated.

I see @T J Tutor has managed to negotiate some awesome deals on Voluum, Adsbridge, Funnelflux, Bemod and Redtrack.

But do people even know how to use them?

I see people installing Google Analytics and calling it a day. They don't delve deeper - never bother with GTM or any other tools.

And even then, they track only the visits and demographics that shows up in the default dashboard.

I mean how do you run a paid Facebook Ads campaign without a conversion pixel? How do you track returns? For the lack of a better metaphor, it's akin to throwing a load of wet mud at the wall and seeing what sticks.

--

The tools above are what get you DATA.

They process this DATA and generate what are called DATA DRIVEN INSIGHTS.

You use these insights to modify your campaigns, to optimize, to scale, to replicate.

--

Of course, there's a learning curve attached to it. Tons of knowledge needs to be absorbed. But this is how large traffic works. Doesn't matter if you're into media buying, popunders, FB, LinkedIn, Twitter or just plain simple SEO.

Your tracking game needs to be on point.

Will, you actually read it? Gain some insights? Or will you mark it as "Read Later" and forget about it?

I'd love to contribute to this community - but there's only so many "one-line" questions I can respond to - where the OP doesn't even bother coming back to acknowledge the answer. (Not just me, but for others like @Graybeard and @Honeybadger who take the time to actually reply in a detailed manner)
Definitely! I feel like if you can learn to master tracking, you have the shot of becoming a super affiliate.

@Contentistic
Tracking is very interesting subject
All data/intelligence can help make better decision
Tracking is not important on my plain old SEO to do list
If you post useful content in digestible format I will read it
But combo of Search Console & Analytics ticks boxes right now
Change my mind !!

but there's only so many "one-line" questions I can respond to - where the OP doesn't even bother coming back to acknowledge the answer.

This is true in most any forum. We always get "wannabe's" that seem to never return when they learn it takes dedication, investment, and "old fashioned" work to get their businesses functional and established.

Don't let that prevent you from posting. Other members read valuable posts and just don't respond to them immediately.

Thanks for being a trusted resource for our members!

Tracking is the ONLY way to optimize your campaigns. Without data you're running blind and waiting for a lucky shot.

So a detailed guide on tracking would be a goldmine for any newbie. Looking forward to it!

There are more than a few linked here in the community, posted by the tracking reps. They also often post video tutorials.

MI
Back