The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anybody Got a Digital Nomad Visa?

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
I did not know this was a thing until this morning, when I read an article about it by Connie Lin on FastCompany.

If you dream of working from a quiet, beautiful place, this may be for you.

I grabbed a few of my favourite parts:

Special visas. Free Vaccines. Tax breaks. Countries around the world are courting a new class of human capital that wants to mix travel and work forever.

[...]a new opportunity emerged from the rubble: a chance to lure talented individuals to tiny islands and rustic countrysides that lacked booming, 21st-century industries.
Madeira, a volcanic archipelago off the coast of Portugal, is going a step further: It’s cultivating a small village of digital nomads housed in Ponta do Sol, a shoreline parish with a pebble beach cove, rugged waterfalls, and hiking trails criss-crossing its lurching valley. Organized with support from the regional government, the project offers nomads a free co-working space
The hospitality industry is already formulating how it will change to entice digital nomads - extended 30-day stay options, opening up more hotels in its chain, etc.

They're preparing for you. ;)

Have you already applied? If not, do you plan to?

Good internet, good housing reasonable taxes.
The only problem might be distance (from friends and family) and adequate healthcare along with top rated hospitals nearby.
Yeah, you would want to do your research, for sure.

Over the years, I often thought about how nice it would be to live in other countries but when it comes down to it, I couldn't leave my family for more than maybe a few months, tops.

It sounds exotic and adventurous but being on vacation and living in these places can provide very real differences. That was once pointed out to me while on vacation. A resident told me that I liked it so much because I was on vacation and didn't live there.

Still.....palm tress. Warm weather and sunshine in winter. A gal can dream.

MI
Back