The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any user friendly Free Portal Script??

johnafrankllin

affiliate
Hi,
I want to build one of my travel portal. As of now I installed the PHP NUKE 8.0. The admin panel of Nuke PHP is out of my knowledge since I am not seeing this user friendly (which I need the Admin Panel Should be). I also used the Joomla but It is also too complicated to go with it. Can anyone suggest me a free portal script with user friendly admin area.
I have to make a travel portal with following functionality:
I dont want any user to register.
RSS feed Subscription.
Site Search feature.
There will be about 100 categories and each category will have about tens and hundreds of sub categories.

If you find any good portal script which is free and require no PHP knowledge please do suggest me.

Thanks in advance
Regards
John

One of my company site is running on joomla. As per programmer it is too tough to customize it, so I decided not to use it. I don't have any PHP programming knowledge, If you feel Joomla is the right choice I'll use it once to check if I am happy with it or not.
Will you be there to help me in customizing?
I think Bagi can help me on this, or someone who have knowledge of PHP.

Thanks for the suggestion
Regards
John

John, if you need some free portal script i think WordPress is better option than Joomla. Of course WP is originally a blog script, but very adaptable, so i can't imagine a function that can not be solved with this cms. Customizing design is very very easy since the nice OOP programming method.

thanks Bagi,
Since you have entered this thread now I am sure that my problem is going to be solved very soon. But I am still not convinced with the use of WP I have used it on some of my blogs, but how it can be helpful in developing a Travel Portal is not understandable to me.
Please suggest me how can I use it or any other script for PORTAL.

Regards
John

John, i think all you need to hunt up is a magazine stlye template. WP provides opportunity to disable the blogging fuction, so you may set if you want to make some static content display at the main page. If you are familiar with WP you may have idea about tagging opportunity. About the search, well i am sure that i would eliminate the search form from the template, because that is totally useless and would replace with a google custom search input. If you implement rating and other user friendly plugins don't forget to install some powerfull caching solution, because as the number of functions grows the loading time increases.

hi,
finally I installed Joomla. Now I want you to help me in configuring it so that I could be able to create a Portal.
Please don't say no I just want to learn some of the PHP skills.

please have a look on it. I have not configured it till now just because lack of knowledge.

Welcome to the Frontpage

regards
John

I think you should go one time over all Joomla functions and you will understand most of it.

It is not a hard system and it allows you to create sections and categories, install plugins and components, create news sections work with modules etc etc.

I see you've got the latest 1.5 Joomla.

MI
Back