The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any tips for a beginner??

Chloe

I just started working for a Merchant's Affiliate program.
I'm pretty new to the whole affiliate world, which I have to say , I feel stupid just not to have known it before. :confused: I guess there is a life before and after affiliates.
Any tips, recommendations of books or sites to learn more besides this forum of course, will be more than welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Hey Carla,
I am involved with a superior training program that gets beginners on the fast track to success, depending on how seriuosly you take your business.

Affiliate marketing is a business, and requires real work...up front. The best thing is, once you have a campaign set up, it practically runs on autopilot. I have one training membership and several tools I use to maximize efficiency. I'm lazy, so I let the tools work for me!

Hi Carla,

Welcome to 5 Star. The best way to get started is to read all the stickies in the newbie forum. They are geared more toward affiliates but it will help you understand a lot about your job too. Then head to our affiliate manager forum to read posts about management issues. Ask questions if you have any.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I just started recently as well and felt the same way. You're doing the right thing by coming to good forums like this one, you can learn a lot quickly here. Might I suggest the digital point forum as well.

The best advice that I can give you is to focus on partnering with your niche or closely related sites first and be personable with them. You'll most likely find that a majority of your revenue and good targeted traffic can be generated there (80/20 rule), so it's important to build at least a few key relationships. You might also be able to have some success by researching who your competitors link to and who links to your competitors as well. Hope this helps, good luck!

Hi Linda,

I'm learnig a lot here at 5 starts forum. One more question, Do you think that contacting the affiliates by phone and offering help, might increase their potential of earnings and of course the merchant?

Well I find that some pro affiliates don't like phone calls and find them pushy or intrusive, but of course many other affiliates like the special attention and want that personal relationship. One thing I think for sure though is you shouldn't contact for no reason or just to push. Always have a good reason to call - something to GIVE them to help them be successful. New product, tip, tool, way to market, etc.

Here's a BRILLIANT STRATEGY zZounds one of our clients uses to help flush out the affiliates that do want calls and tips. See his email in the quote box offering affiliates a free consultation.

<a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/713/affiliate-activation-email.html">Ultimate Affiliate Activation Email from zZounds Affiliate Manager</a>

banners
Back