The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Any sites out there?

Thunderkattz

affiliate
Linda i hope this not out of line or breaking the rules, but is it possible for any of our members to show examples of their work? This would help me tremendously! As i am more of a visual person.

Thunderkattz, I know you directed your question to Linda. However, I wanted to jump in here before anyone does anything that they shouldn't.

Members may not post their sites because it is against the rules for members to link to their sites in our discussion forums. Also, members may not give the domain name or the URL in posts.

Many of our members have their sites in their signatures.

Hi Thunderkattz,

Couple ideas for you.

1) You can look at sites in our site review forum. HOWEVER realize the sites where people ask for a review are typically newbie sites and may not be ones you want to model after. BUT seeing them and then reading the great suggestions from our members can be a good education.

2) There are SO many different types of affiliate sites that you could see one you like, but the type of site that affiliate has would not be even close to what you need if you are in a different niche. SO if you have even an inkling of an idea about the niche you may pursue - then type the keywords into Google. Then search til you find a few affiliate sites. You really want to try to look at sites in your niche. If they are coming up on top in Google you can assume that to some degree they may be pretty good affiliate sites as newbies generally aren't going to make it to the top if Google right away. (If you have no idea about your niche yet but just want to see what some affiliate sites look like just use keywords for something you have an interest in.)

Depending on the product category, some additional keywords can help you drill down get to the affiliate sites. For instance if you just typed "digital cameras" you may find most of the sites on top are actual retailer sites or news stories about digital cameras. But if you type "digital camera coupons" you'll start to see more affiliate sites.

Note: Many affiliate sites look just as good as or even better than a major retailer's site, so if you don't know what you are looking for it may be hard to tell if you are on a retailer site. So a general tip is click a product link as if you want to buy. If it takes you to the shopping cart on the same site it's a retailer. If the link takes you to another site to view more product info or complete the purchase - it's an affiliate site.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Again Linda thank you so much. I feel bad for asking all these amateur questions. The info you provide is just what I needed. I guess after being burnt so many times I'm just a stickler for doing in depth research! Just want to gather as much info as I can. Can't wait to get this under my belt so I can return the favor and help out other folks here. :D

Don't worry at all Thunderkattz about the questions. They are good ones and it's really good you are doing thorough research.

It's cool too that you are already thinking about paying people back once you start to get a handle on how things work. Some of our most helpful members are affiliates that remember all too well how confusing it was to get started and feel compelled to help newbies the way others helped them in the beginning.

Here's an awesome resource and a list of affiliate site examples.

<a href="http://www.amnavigator.com/blog/2009/08/04/affiliate-websites-types-and-examples/">Affiliate Websites - Types and Examples</a>

MI
Back