The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Any info abt PayDotCom

I

InfoSourcing

Hi,

I'm looking at various solutions has anybody worked with or dealt with PayDotCom.com guys I have few questions which are unanswered on their website, maybe you guys can throw some pointers here ....

Hi InfoSourcing,

I have been to the site and checked things out in the past but have not worked with them. Did you email them your questions? Maybe someone else here has some feedback for you??? :confused:

The support there is very slow at best, however I think they offer a nice low cost option for setting up an affiliate system. I didn't have any trouble at all setting things up.
Note you can only use Payapl to sell your products there - they will be introducing the Authorize.net gateway soon according to their latest newsletter.

Andrew

About PDC

Hey Guys,

Just caught this thread and thought I would offer my comments as I am an extensive user of Paydotcom.

At present I have to say this is possibly the best 3rd party solution for single products, for catalogued products (Amazon style) this is certainly not a solution at all.

This is the classic ?ClickBank? type model except that I VASTLY prefer the paypal payment based option for receiving money and the ability to pay affiliates via Paypal? nobody likes to wait for their cash any longer.

Support is erratic at best and the site is often very slow, but it still beats any system out there.

Trust this helps.

Recently a PayDotCom competitor appeared called SaleFlurry. It's targeting the internet marketing segment and provides support for things like one-time-offers etc.

I have a review of SaleFlurry but haven't been too successful reviewing PDC and their forum is very slow - average time from posting to getting it approved and viewable is about 20-30 days. I think recently they added some staff to PDC to ease the load.

-Peter

Hi Justin, thanks for the report. I know others who have seen similar results.

One figure you mention has me suprised - "only 4.3% of our ClickBank related sales are made using Paypal"

This seems very low. Can I ask what types of products you are selling?

Mike Filsaime used CB himself for the launch of his last project (how ironic) and was reporting almost 50% of buyers used the Paypal option at CB.

That's much higher than your figure and I'm wondering why this might be.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew

As mentioned in the report / article, we tested conversions across 5 websites with 5 different products ranging from downloadable software / info products to physical goods that required shipping.

Additionally the demographics are not an issue since all 5 sites sell worldwide with the majority of sales being pulled from countries where PayPal.com does provide service.

Also it may be worth noting (although somewhat of topic) that we have also tested direct sales through PayPal.com (with no gateway in between such as PDC) and we have found an alarming number of support tickets logged in our system calling for alternate payment methods, the major reason being cited that ?people do not trust / like paypal as a payment option?.

We have since concluded as my article reflects that ClickBank provides the most diverse methods of payment ? at the end of the day this is critical to our online success.

As far as the figure you quoted by Mike mentioning that 50% of his ClickBank sales are / where made via Paypal may be obscured by the fact that Mike markets mainly to Internet Marketers and I would guess we all have paypal accounts.

Additionally if this figure is indeed correct in his case, I think even he would make the point (and indeed has by using ClickBank for one of his recent products) that 50% of sales would be lost by using PDC.

Trust this info helps.

PDC reviewed

PayDotCom is now listed on our site - thanks to Justin for helping out.

We're still not happy with PDC though - seems very slow (as an affiliate trying to check my stats) and the forum was recently purged. There are promises of big changes coming but this was also promised earlier in 2006...

ClickBank recently changed it's skin, but it's still a dinosaur with no improvement to reporting for merchants.

SaleFlurry has a few products in its marketplace now - might be worth checking out.

Cheers,
Peter

banners
Back