The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Another, really dumb question

powerbiz13

affiliate
Well, I am starting out very carefully. Failure is not an option here, and I have the time to sit at my computer until my eyes fall out, or my fingers drop off.
I bought a very inexpensive program to promote because I wanted to learn their version of "marketing", so I've printed out a lot of pages and put them in a binder for easy reference. I went to another forum I belong to and filled in the "sig" portion as they told me to (although I didn't cut & paste because I copied it from my printed notes and replaced my ID with their XXXX).
Didn't work. bad link
So I got a hoplink from CB on another one I wanted to promote and I copied and pasted that, but when I posted, the link didn't work !!!
What is going on with me?

Not sure??? Maybe that forum does not allow affiliate links or CB links and blocked it out? Or maybe you just didnt format it right.Depending on the forum it probably needs to be added as BB code. Did you do that?

Here is what a BB code link looks like. The link is just to the 5 Star homepage.
[NOSPACE url=http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/]5 Star Click Here[/url]

I had to add a space after 1st bracket to show you the link format so the 1st part should be [/COLOR]

And also FYI have you ready any of the many posts that talk about CB being one of the hardest ways to start???

If you are promoting ClickBank webmaster tools or ebooks about how to make money online and you are a NEWBIE, you are barking up the wring tree.

Thanks Linda, I did read about CB - I had signed up a while ago before I came here, but only joined that program as an experiment and getting used to linking and hoplinks.
The other forum, digital point, seems pretty straight forward and I posted in the section that allows advertising.

Please excuse me doing this, but this is what I'm to use: (This is not the CB product)

[NO SPACE url=http://www.mydomain.com/35415.html]How To etc.[/url]

and then I replace my user name of course. (which I just did in an edit)

Maybe if I'm this challenged, then I can't do this at all ??

sorry, it was the wahm.com forum not digital point.

You need to read their rules. I didn't have time to try to find them.
But in a quick scan of the forum I don't see many sigs and some are not live links. So it could be you need a certain # of posts or something before your sig will show. Thats how it is at lots of forums.

From what I could find, it looks as though sigs are allowed, but as Linda said, you may need a minimum number of posts first.

Also, the forum may require slightly different BBCode (for instance, the Warrior forum requires that your wrap the URL in double quotes, i.e. url="link", and maybe the same is true of the WAHM forum).

When it doubt, it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

~ Teli

Powerbiz -- always remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask! ;)

I went back to the wahm forum and found a topic with 7 pages relating to problems with sigs in there. One poor girl spent almost 2 days tearing her hair out and deciding she was stupid (not a direct quote), before she found the topic.
I'm sure I'll be back with more ????
Thank you all for your help.

banners
Back