“Adavice”/  “1Win

Android or iOS?

Android or iOS?

• Android

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • iOS

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Yes I feel exactly the same with Android atm and I haven't owned iOS yet so hopefully it won't bore me for a few years yet!

You are right though, the new Windows OS is looking pretty nifty and I'm hearing some good things about it. However, the marketplace was the reason I avoided it last time! It's a big factor for me.

Yes I feel exactly the same with Android atm and I haven't owned iOS yet so hopefully it won't bore me for a few years yet!

You are right though, the new Windows OS is looking pretty nifty and I'm hearing some good things about it. However, the marketplace was the reason I avoided it last time! It's a big factor for me.

iOS has some good apps as does Android, and for that they can't really be beaten. However, I like the 'live tile' approach of Windows Phone and the fact they have chosen to do things differently with their user interface. Android is basically a buggy, malware ridden, less smooth running version of iOS (with widgets!).

App choice is important though, but just last night I decided to do some research on Windows Phone apps. I listed what I considered my 40 essential apps then checked them against the current Windows app store. 38 out of the 40 apps were available either like for like, or with a very credible alternative app! Only 2 were completely unavailable, with no alternative apps. I couldn't believe it! It put a whole new perspective on it for me and has certainly removed most of the doubts I was having about opting for a Windows Phone next time!

Still waiting for mine but extremely excited now!

@Angelman - I saw the advert for the new Lumia last night and had a quick peek. Looks pretty damn good!

banners
Back