Android or iOS?

• Android

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • iOS

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Andy Haskins

Landing Page Guys
So it's that time for me to upgrade my phone and I'm wondering which way to go.

I'm currently on Android and have a HTC Desire HD. It's been an excellent phone and I have no flaws with the Android system but what do you guys think?

Am I being stupid not moving over to the iPhone 5?

T.S. - Know someone with current Lumia and wasn't impressed but can't rule that one out!

Angelman - I was going to order the iPhone up but saw that HTC released a One X+ or something like that which looks really good.

K - Don't worry, the iPhone is still in contention!

The only reason the iPhone keeps itself in contention is the fact that I plan on migrating to a Macbook soon enough, meaning I could start syncing things such as photos and calendar entries.

It's a tough one! Thanks for all the comments so far :)

Dru, I am a Mac user through and through and its fair to say there is no syncing quite as seamless as between a Mac and iOS devices. I have an iPad and it works great. As such, that is the ONE reason that I'd say you might want to consider the iPhone ahead of Android. I currently just stick to Google Calendar, Contacts etc, but with Mac OS becoming more and more tied to its mobile counterpart, I do sometimes feel as I am missing out on half the fun by having an Android phone.

Still, I just love my HTC One X and the newly released version will be even better.

I don't really see what all of the fuss and hype over the iPhone is about.

Great marketing but kind of over rated.

+1 for Android.

Hmmm, definitely more to consider than expected. As mentioned, I do love Android, its fast and solid.

However, the iPhone is sleek and fast. Both would sync well with PC but when I move to Mac it would be that much easier to have the iPhone.

Decisions....

Decisions....

Hi Dru,
how about the third option: work hard, and buy both!!
You can test them both and can set up an affiliate site with reviews from both - and earn money from both!
(and then, you can send the one that you don´t like to me ... just an idea, ... and a little joke:))

I've used Iphone 4s in the past and now I'm using an Android ( Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S )

My vote goes for Android.. Its just awesome !!

+1 Android.

Sorry for my 4th post in this thread, but the following is simply the truth:

I've used Iphone 4s in the past and now I'm using an Android ( Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S )
My vote goes for Android.. Its just awesome !!
+1 Android.

This is exactly what everyone says, the first used an iPhone, and then switched to Android.
A friend of mine who is developer advised me the same after his experience: only an Android!

@Marc - If only hey!

Well everyone, after having a go on the iPhone 5, testing all the features, downloading app, writing etc I decided to order one! (Going against the opinion in here!).

Reasons:
- Excellent user experience
- Purchase of mac in new year
- Love the design and feel of these things (light weight, slim, clarity of screen)

I do have to admit I did love my Android and looked at the newer alternatives (S3 etc) but in the end just felt like a change was the way to go. Whether I regret this in a few months, only time will tell. If I do... I will update you here with a definitive answer!

Thanks for all the tips (although I seemed to ignore them :D)

I've now had a play with an iPhone 5 and I have to agree it is very impressive and a LOT lighter than I was expecting. It is ultra fast too, finally an iPhone that responds almost instantly to what you ask it to do. I had a 3G and then a 4, but been on Android for a couple of years now and so far I have no real complaints.

iOS bores me however, but Android too is starting to bore me to the point where I have looked at the new Windows Phone 8 devices from Nokia and HTC. I like their interface (matches Windows 8 on the desktop), but their app store is quite a way behind both Apple and Google in terms of number of apps. I think they will be playing catch-up for a long time yet.

Depends on what you want out of a smartphone. The fact that we can carry around any of these different types of phones in our pockets and they can do the amazing things that they do is darn impressive in itself!

banners
Back