The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

AMD Cracks the Business Notebook Market

O

ovi

Intel may remain the darling of the business notebook manufacturer, but there are signs that its grip on the market may be weakening.

HP have announced that they are to manufacture a notebook, the nx6125, using AMD's Turion processor. The Turion is the equivalent of the Intel Pentium M, which is already inside the HP nx6120.

The Turion is a 64 bit processor, although the HP notebook in the news today is not 64 bit ready, so users won't see the benefits. The Turion is sold a standalone chip, unlike the Pentium M which is sold as part of the 'Centrino' package with wireless and graphics chipsets.

"As a leading worldwide supplier of mobile business solutions, HP enables businesses to use technology for a competitive edge," said Dan Forlenza, vice president, worldwide commercial notebooks, Personal Systems Group, HP. "We have chosen to incorporate the latest AMD Turion 64 mobile technology in our new business notebook PC in order to offer our customers a true choice in high-performance mobile computing that delivers an outstanding business value without sacrificing security, reliability and ease of use."

Analysts believe that the AMD-powered notebook will either retail at a lower price than its Intel counterpart, or it will be slightly more feature rich.

Source: techsmec.com/index.php/2005/06/23/amd_cracks_the_business_notebook_market

I wonder how hot the laptop will feel if you actually sit it on your lap? It's been a while since I've had an AMD (and will likely be a while before I ever purchase one again) but have they resolved there heat issues?

MI
Back