The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Am I Missing Something with Push? Are you profitable?

Anthony.

Hey guys, from the beginning of this year I've been trying to make push notifications work. Coming from native, I thought it would be a lot easier and faster to get profitable. I've not had one profitable day the whole time.

What I've been doing is mainly sweeps.
It seemed well in the UK but with a $1.60 payout and cpc being 0.06+ it was tricky and seemed hard to get profitable.
So I switched to US, $2.40 payouts and around the same 0.06 cpc.
Everyday for US has been -70%+ ROI for 2 weeks of trying to make it work.
I made 3 different landers dynamic with php to test multiple niches easier when one doesn't work move on to the next.

I've had crypto running in the background and had 2 deposits which helped boost my revenue and recover some losses.

I'm using propeller, I start out with 1 creative - 3 landers - 3 offers and see how it goes from there, usually offers seem like they have potential, then when I start to focus on them it seems like it was a waste of time.

I've spent way over $2k on push and still not had a profitable campaign. Sweeps is working so it's not the vertical, they will all work I guess it's about making it work. I get the feeling I'm missing something.

Are you profitable with push?
Did you launch multiple losing campaigns before finding the winner?
Am I testing in the wrong GEOs to start with?

Any advice would be helpful right now, not nice seeing red for 4 weeks in a row! (except crypto leads)

Last edited:
I played around a bit in 2018, but also gave it another go now in 2019.
Like you, I'm also using PropellerAds (and also running sweeps) - I think they are at least on par with other bigger players, if not better in terms of traffic quality.

I know a lot of people run push on CPC, but after experimenting a bit I got higher ROI when running using CPM (or SmartCPM) - the trick is to write a really catchy and intriguing copy, find a new and interesting angle. This was I've been able to get way better CPC for the campaigns. Of course this is easier said than done - for inspiration I'd suggest reading Cashvertising or something similar (it's ancient, but psychology still works like it did 10-20 years ago).

Personally for me the biggest problem is the super low character limit for the copy. Also I haven't completely cracked what makes a good image/icon. So it's definitely a work in progress and needs a lot more testing.

I played around a bit in 2018, but also gave it another go now in 2019.
Like you, I'm also using PropellerAds (and also running sweeps) - I think they are at least on par with other bigger players, if not better in terms of traffic quality.

I know a lot of people run push on CPC, but after experimenting a bit I got higher ROI when running using CPM (or SmartCPM) - the trick is to write a really catchy and intriguing copy, find a new and interesting angle. This was I've been able to get way better CPC for the campaigns. Of course this is easier said than done - for inspiration I'd suggest reading Cashvertising or something similar (it's ancient, but psychology still works like it did 10-20 years ago).

Personally for me the biggest problem is the super low character limit for the copy. Also I haven't completely cracked what makes a good image/icon. So it's definitely a work in progress and needs a lot more testing.

Thanks for the reply, Hmm I've never tried CPM yet and as for ca$hvertising I've read it! :) I had taken the most important notes from it and I always implement it in my campaigns, same goes for the book "this book will teach you how to write better" it's a very fast read and has some good information.

So far I've tried like gift cards/vouchers and smartphones. Either the offers I'm using aren't good - a lot. Or I am going for the wrong geos.

Which targeting option do you use mostly? I was using ALL, but now I use MED to see if the balance of fresh/old users will make it better without being too expensive.

I wouldn't suggest to start testing with All targeting. I usually start with High for testing based on some of my own experiments and recommendations from follow-alongs.

Can I ask what Geos are you targeting?

I wouldn't suggest to start testing with All targeting. I usually start with High for testing based on some of my own experiments and recommendations from follow-alongs.

Can I ask what Geos are you targeting?

Yeah good point, I actually started running "MED" for my tests yesterday.
Mainly T1 EN speaking, so maybe too comptitive/saturated for testing? Not sure hmm.

Anymore information on this? :) How long have you been trying and what have you done etc.

just this year. im at a loss of around 1/4 of your spend. I test around $50-$100 per campaign and over $100 when i get conversions.

just when i started to collect some significant data for targets and landers for that particular offer, the offer expires :)

Compared to other networks they have always been one of the better performers for me

I agree. I do get better conversions with propeller. Zeropark is not to be ignored as well. They are just as good as propeller. You just need to work with their API if you want things done faster.

yea I have spent about $800 so far and losing alot of money on Push. I think its trash and have no idea why people are talking about. I think because its a new ad format but its a shitty ad format at best. I think newbies should stay away from it and stick to pop traffic

Oh and I think another reason why its damn expensive is because the CPC's are very expensive. if I was going to be buying CPC's at the prices listed on T1 Geos then I might as well be running whitehat campaigns on adwords!!

Oh and I think another reason why its damn expensive is because the CPC's are very expensive. if I was going to be buying CPC's at the prices listed on T1 Geos then I might as well be running whitehat campaigns on adwords!!

Yeah my thoughts too after around 1.4k loss, I think it's a huge hype with very low barriers to entry so the competition is insane. CPC's sometimes are more than native campaigns!

Plus I think the wave will decrease and it will not be as effective in future - so rather than try to master it I'm pivoting, looking at other options.

yea right now there is a huge wave of newbies and affiliates on push because people like atilla (his push guides) and other ad networks putting out bs case studies on push but the reality is, its really garbage traffic and the CPC's for this garbage traffic is way too high. I agree the CPC's are higher than native in some cases LOL

MI
Back