The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Aim to build your business long term and not quick money online

temi

affiliate
Originally posted by OWG at: http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/showthread.php?p=6986#post6986
------------------------------------------------

Credit info well I get hate mail, so does one of my clients, because we are giving away details of how bankrupts can legally get bank accounts, including the names and details of the accounts c/w telephone contacts at the banks.

We GIVE this away for free as a loss leader. It is something that I know causes heartache, and saw it as wrong to charge those who need the help most. When I was bankrupt I went through hell with bank accounts (much more strict in the UK than the US).

This is not purely altruistic though, as we have built up a massive database of people who are bankrupt, together with the dates they are out of bankruptcy. This has given us a great marketing resource, and we now help these people as they come out of bankruptcy, and make money at the same time. They know who the client is, we tell them anyhow just to remind them. In fact our opening line is 'remember a little while ago we helped you get a bank account for free when you filled in this form' (the 'this form' is a link back to the page to jog their memory, people visually remember better). then the pitch goes on.

I guess this is the difference between building a business and making money online (although you should be doing both lol). You build a business long term, you make money short term (again both is good though).

<edit to correct a million typos lol>

Horrible Advice! Don't read it!!! Caution!!! Warning!!!!

Reading the above post may cause you to earn tremendous amounts of money, and that's really bad because, as we all know, money is the root of all evil.

Pure EVIL, I say!

LOL

This bankruptcy database I know of, and have access to. The worrying thing for me is that YOU have access to it for marketing purposes.

I use it to vet people, who have agreed to be vetted or it is in the common good to do so. I really don't think any of these public databases shuld be available to companies for the purposes of marketing, as there is no restraint and no legal consequenses for mismanagement of data unlike with me.

People should be able to respond to ads if they are bankrupt not be called, or sent letters.

The security industry is being heavily shook up at the moment as it is all being put through licensing for the first time in UK history. Hopefully this will lead to a more professional management of people's data by the government.

PI I have absolutely no idea what your talking about :(

I should also state that I have taken great offence at the way you major 'YOU' in capitals (like I am some sort of lesser mortal to you) when referring to me, so expect a rough ride with this post ;).

This bankruptcy database I know of, and have access to. The worrying thing for me is that YOU have access to it for marketing purposes.

The ONLY database that I speak of is the one created when people request information from the company in question. OPT IN, Got that clear now? A personal company database of opt in names. They get the information they want, and they provide an email address to have the information sent to. please explain to me what is wrong with that? Morally, legally, nothing, absolutely nothing is wrong with that business model.

People should be able to respond to ads if they are bankrupt not be called, or sent letters.

These are NOT ads they are pages on the website of the company, and no calls are made as no telephone numbers are needed to get the info, no letters are sent either. Again I have no idea what your suggesting here. Are you saying that they should request the information but that it should not be sent? lol.

One last thing, the company in question are more regulated than you know, they are registered with all the relevant government bodies for every single sphere they work in.

Sorry if this appears harsh, but I have no idea where you are coming from here, and I take personal insults as such asd respond accordingly. Please read your pm.

OWG, you're a dirty, NO GOOD SCANREL, who preys off folks who have filed for BK.

I've ordered 7 hot blondes to come to your house and give you a night full of spankings.

LOL!

Bad, Bad, OWG...

Didn't mean to insult you, I was just highlighting that you are not in the investigatory/security industry.

There is currently nothing wrong with your use of this data in the UK. I however hope that in the future this will change.

However marketing companies have in the past, spoiled the industry for people in my profession. There are numerous databases that people are now able to opt out of that make my work much more difficult. This is due to people not wanting telemarketers to harass them or send them letters.

I have to regsiter and take heed of several government regulatons to make sure that I use the data properly and that I make sure I don't give it out to people who may want to cause harm. So when I use this data to find people I am more responsable and have a better moral cause.

HI PI. I am now in next day mode :) . I can see where the confusion has come from.

I personally do not access the information I was posting about. It is the company for whom I built the site who do, and they ARE registered under all the required legislative bodies. When I say 'we' I mean them acting on my advice, I always look at a customers business as if it were my own or else I don't think I could do my job.So to clear things up.

No databases are bought or sold
Visitors to the site register for the information and agree to receive further helpful info from time to time
The database created is 100% opt in and inclusive.

The only thing I don't understand though is how the government can restrict the use of an opt in list? Surely that would be a direct breach of the human rights act, and also a breach of the European free trade directive by way of restriction of trade. People have the RIGHT to opt into a mailing list and a right to receive any information they may want to receive, exactly in the same way people have the option to opt out!

Opting to receive information is a basic human right, and a company is entitled to enter into an agreement with any party it chooses to. As long as the company stay within the terms of the original agreement, as well as any legislation in place such as the human rights act, data protection act etc, I fail to see what the government can possibly do about it.

I am not being pedantic here, but what your saying has massive ramifications for the whole of British industry. Or have I misunderstood what you said (this is probably the case :D )

How I wish other people who disagree with each other can be this civilised and agree to disagree or something like that without the needs for any one to wield a big stick

Oh sorry, didn't know you were talking about an opt-in list. After re-reading your post and your last one there it is glaringly aparent.

You see, there is a big database that holds everyone's bankruptcy ruling and details if you were ever bankrupt in the UK. It is used mainly by credit companies and banks to help judge if they will be repaid their loans, but can be accessed by most people. I thought that was the one being used. An opt-in list should be 100% okay.

temi said:
How I wish other people who disagree with each other can be this civilised and agree to disagree or something like that without the needs for any one to wield a big stick

Temi we are professionals ;) We have also agreed to fight after school outside at home time :D

Thanks for the clarification PI. I agree that the selling of information is damn annoying especially what is private and what is not. A clear example is the human rights act which states that everyone has the right to privacy in their home and family life. Yet the government sell the information about how much you paid for your house etc.

I myself get really annoyed at the level of intrusive marketing and opt out of public records TPS etc. The problem is that people are people, and they get hold of lists that were bought/collated in good faith, then sell them on or abuse them. I am on the TPS at one address, and yet I still get calls from unscrupulous UK based telemarketers who withold their number. Grrrrrrr

Old Welsh Guy said:
Temi we are professionals ;) We have also agreed to fight after school outside at home time :D

OWG, PI,
I salute your professionalism and I trust you boys will not fight on the playground after school :) When you see two younger boys Paul and Lewis fighting do separate them and give them lesson in professionalism and why you boss should not fight after school in the school playgrounds :)

Earning money is a long term process. Not one that can be learned overnight. And if it is then it is sure to fail I believe.

banners
Back