The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Affiliate's Guide to Better Health - 101 Resources

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Working from home online and being your own boss, offers lots of benes and perks. It also can create some unique physical and mental health challenges! Carpal tunnel, back pain, weight gain, eye strain, stress, feelings of isolation and depression are common health concerns for affiliate marketers.

Additionally, although not talked about much, addictions including substance abuse and severe Internet addiction, leading to or verging on social anxiety disorder are common. It's much easier to self medicate and indulge in bad habits when you don't have to show up in an office and face the boss!

<strong>Health, energy and PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) are as vital for success in our businessas any "how to do the nuts and bolts of affiliate marketing" blog or ebook</strong>. Mental health and PMA in particular is something I'd like to focus more on and always plan to - but blogging about industry news, practical tips and new tools always seem to take precedence.

<strong><font color="#ff9933">Since my carpal is killing me, I'm suffering from a caffeine jones (trying to kick the habit) PLUS I'm feeling lazy & just want to sit on my big fat butt</font></strong> :p I'm not going to write a big long post about this today. Instead, I'll just point you to a great blog I just discovered that has a ton of good resources.
<blockquote><strong><a href="http://whdb.com/2008/the-webmasters-guide-to-better-health-101-tips-and-resources/">The Webmaster?s Guide to Better Health ? 101 Tips and Resources</a></strong>

"You may smoke, drink way too many energy drinks, eat too much or you don?t eat enough just to cope with all your work-related woes. But don?t sweat it - we?re here to help with 101 tips and resources geared specifically to a male or female Webmaster?s physical and mental health problems. Although the following list provides great information, these sites don?t take the place of a health professional. If you fear the worst, don?t hesitate to see a professional about your worries. If you are in medical crisis please contact your doctor, therapist or dial 911 (or equivalent local emergency number in your area)." </blockquote>
Head over and bookmark it. <a href="http://whdb.com/2008/the-webmasters-guide-to-better-health-101-tips-and-resources/">The Webmaster?s Guide to Better Health ? 101 Tips and Resources</a>"

Wishing you a happy and healthy week!

I have never been into computers, until recently(a few months), and I can definitely feel something going on with my mouse clicking index finger. I thank you for all the helpful answers you have typed out to me over the months.

Thinking positive works for many different things not just work related. And its always a good idea to try and keep your focus on the good rather than the bad. Did you injury your clicky finger? :D

Ok, I'm definitely an internet addict. I knew that before passing the test. However, I'm trying to plan out my daily activities so that I would always have enough time to devote to my family.

Can you imagine how many net addicts are there in the world? The real problem is that people seldom realize that they require help or even wish to change something in their lives. :(

Thanks Linda for the post. It was great. :)

I never thought that I am internet addict but after reading the post, I think I might be developing the addiction.

I think I need to plan my time properly and have time for relaxation.

Thank you again. :D

I am not sure I get it. What is 'webmaster specific' about that article? Isn't it more like the "common sense guide to better health" ?

Hi Patrick, there is a lot of general health but also lots of info that focuses on things like carpal tunnel, ergonomics, office workouts and work stress.

Will check that article later:) hope your boo boos are feelin better Linda:)
All I can say is:

I am not an internet addict, I am not an internet addict. Now, why would you think such a thing? Repeat after me......I am not an internet addict, I am not an internet addict. :p

Hi pb, you ALWAYS brighten my day when you post!

Some of my boo boos are better and some are worse.
Such is the life of an Internet addict, which I know you are NOT
therefore you probably can't even relate! :p

PLUS I'm feeling lazy & just want to sit on my big fat butt

:D I find that one right there is my biggest issue! LOL! Sometimes I'm so content to just be sitting here ten hours can go by, and that's no joke! good thing to point out... just cut my grass and thought I was going to fall over. Out of shape!! :eek:

fitnfree... so 'fitting' that you would weigh in on this fitness and health thread.

Maybe we should be virtual "get off your butt" buddies
and IM each other when it's time to take a break. :p

Seriously though, I have scoliosis and my spine is not just bent, but it's sort of like a corks crew or coil. So my chiro said sitting is the absolute worse thing I can do because all the pressure just pushes down on the coil and locks me up. He said sitting for 12 hours a day is going to do me in.

So I'm supposed to take breaks every 1/2 hour. Ya right! I bought a special alarm clock that you can set to go off numerous times a day. I figured if I at least set an alarm for 10, 12 and 2 that would force me to do a stretch break every 2 hours. Does that even happen??? No! I just turn off the alarm and keep working. :eek: Where's that bonk-on-the-head smiley??? :rolleyes:

Sounds painful Linda! Hope it doesn't get worse? Sitting down all day wouldn't help I imagine so you need to do what the doc says!

ooooh I'm sorry some of boo boos are worse:(:(

"Such is the life of an Internet addict, which I know you are NOT
therefore you probably can't even relate! "

lol:p Ya know it's really kinda weird. Had never even seen a computer til I guess 1999, had never been on the internet. In 2000 somethin really painful happened and to keep my sanity guess I did become an internet addict and just immersed myself in it so I wouldn't allow myself to think of anything else and get sad. lol :)

Now, how many years later...can't even imagine not bein online and would be lost without the internet. Uhh guess that does make me an addict lol :) Still, think it's a nice addiction tho. Some of the nicest people I've ever met have been online so am very happy bout that.:D

Hope boo boos feel better:):)

MI
Back