The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliates Don't Go it Alone

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I am trying to learn to deligate and outsource some tasks so I can scale my biz. I know many affiliates that are trying to do the same thing. It's so hard when you are a one person company and used to doing everything yourself. Ironically one of the people I need to learn to delegate more work to is Shanon Lewis, the author of the this article from AffiliatePrograms.com Here are some good points we can all learn from. Shanon writes:

"There are lots of links in a chain, each is responsible for the other and they are all held down by the weakest link. The same can be said of any business. You may be strong in sales, but weak in development. As a one person show you are often expected to be a jack of all trades, but are you truly a master of any? Well, maybe one or two. What about the rest? What we see from this trend is an enormous amount of datafeed websites, terrible content not worth reading, over-selling, websites that aren?t browser compliant and the list goes on..

There 3 kinds of people in the web world ? those who chase the sale, those who make things looks pretty/function for the sale and those who build the stuff that it all sits on. Make your chain strong and surround yourself with experts and people who are looking out for your best interest. There is no rule that we all must go it alone to succeed...
Read the rest here: http://affiliateprograms.com/Build-a-Team-of-Experts-to-Succeed/446/1.html

Then come back and tell us what you think.

I'm terrible about delegating too. That probably goes along with my tendency to take on a lot of work. It does help that I can do my own design work - I took website design in college and was the teacher's assistant in the class the following semester, so I'm pretty comfortable in my skills.

I'd say I fall into the group that relies too much on content. I was always good at selling face to face when I worked at a jewelry store, generally one of the best in the company, but online sales are very different, and I'm still figuring it out.

banners
Back