The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Marketing Through Social Media

YuhGarfield

affiliate
I´m looking forward to get in touch with other affiliates, and share knowledge and general information on this platform. This looks like a good space to be in when you need some answers and guidance to get you going. I`ve been watching a lot of videos on youtube, researched on google, filling up my Word-documents, etc, but never really took the next step. So with that said, I´m fairly new to this game. However, I recently got this idea to create social media accounts, and just start providing people with value. Then after I´ve built up my audience (I know this will take a while though), start promoting a product that directly fits into my niche. That´s my current plan anyways, what do you guys think?

I think that it really depends on your situation. If you have little or no budget for ads, then this can be the way to go. I'm just really bad at social media, so I wouldn't know.

But if you have a bigger budget, you can start doing Google Ads, Facebook Ads, maybe even build a webshop that looks like a regular shop, but when you go to the checkout page, the customer is directed to the checkout page of the affiliate program. There are so many cool ways people drive traffic these days.

Hope it gives you some perspective. Good luck!

I think that it really depends on your situation. If you have little or no budget for ads, then this can be the way to go. I'm just really bad at social media, so I wouldn't know.

But if you have a bigger budget, you can start doing Google Ads, Facebook Ads, maybe even build a webshop that looks like a regular shop, but when you go to the checkout page, the customer is directed to the checkout page of the affiliate program. There are so many cool ways people drive traffic these days.

Hope it gives you some perspective. Good luck!

Thanks for advice! Yeah I have little to no money down, that´s why I chose this method in particular. But when I start getting a larger audience, and get som profits, I will probably start considering doing ads. In the beginning, I just feel like I need to start getting some momentum before moving on to paid ads.

That´s my current plan anyways, what do you guys think?

Making money by become a social network authority is in my opinion the absolute hardest way to make money as an affiliate marketer, but its also one of the most fun and rewarding ways.

Its hard, because almost all the advice you will find online is wrong. There is almost no true information about it to be found anywhere at all. Why? Because more often than not when you find a website or ebook about the topic, what you end up learning is there advice is not designed for people who want to make money directly from the social network. Rather they are making most of their money from... whatever the website is that you view their information from, buy their ebook, from, etc. Its because they are using social networks to drive traffic - not sales.

One of the things you need to realize is that on a website, you promote products. People can come back to your website 100 times and every time they will find banners to the products you sell, articles about the products you sell, a store, etc. It is generally understood and agreed by most affiliate marketers that it takes a person 7 times of seeing an advertisement before they take action. On a social network - you don't have this same luxury. People won't see your posts 7 times. Even if you reshare it 100 times social network algorithms will pick different people each time to share your content with.

The thing you should understand when using a social network to do free advertising is that you have to actually sell to people, you can't simply share and educate and hope to make sales.

People often try what you want to try and I will tell you exactly how it plays out. They join a network. They start making targeted connections. They keep building for the next year and become somewhat of an authority. They get thousands and thousands of followers. Then they start promoting products and they find that almost no one clicks their affiliate links and of those that do literally no one buys. Why? Because they were not sold to.

Free social media marketing is not about numbers. It is one of the only forms of advertising that its not about larrge numbers - its about how you connect with people.

My recommendation if you really want to try this and have any chance of success goes like this. First pick 2 or 3 HIGH TICKET sales items. Not CPA, not any of the infinite models that exist - direct pay per sale or pay per subscription. You want high ticket commission items or residual monthly subscription items. Pick these items before you even begin.

Learn everything you can about what you are selling. When you connect with people - reach out to them one by one as you connect (if you wait you will get overwhelmed). Ask every single person who connects with you what they do, what their interests are and otherwise get to know them. Don't pitch anything at all. Instead use your interactions to learn about your connections. Pre-qualify them as you get to know them. Are they the right fit for the products you are selling. Can you think of a way to pitch it to them as a recommendation for solving a problem, fulfilling a need or fulfilling a desire? If so, keep a record of them in a spreadsheet.

As you grow and become an authority to your contacts, then you know exactly who you should be selling things to. When you start trying to sell, you then havfe a list of people to tag in your posts. You follow those tags up by reaching out and telling them exactly why you tagged them.

Example: Hey James, I wanted to make sure you noticed I tagged you in a post today. I remember a while back you told me you had XYZ problem and this relates directly to that so I thought you might be interested. Hope all is well with the family and I am not bugging you too much. Let me know what you think after checking the post."

The thing you always have to keep in mind with social networks is you HAVE TO SELL. Sharing, likes, comments, number of people in groups, etc. these things may help you in determining who to sell to and connect with, but they will not make the sales for you.

If you made it to the bottom of my novel, I hope I didn't scare you away from you're plan but I hope perhaps I altered how you are looking at this to give you a broader understanding. Social networking without spending money is so much different than any other form of marketing or advertising.

I do wish you the best on your journey and never hesitate to tag me in posts if you have questions relating to social networking.

I´m looking forward to get in touch with other affiliates, and share knowledge and general information on this platform. This looks like a good space to be in when you need some answers and guidance to get you going. I`ve been watching a lot of videos on youtube, researched on google, filling up my Word-documents, etc, but never really took the next step. So with that said, I´m fairly new to this game. However, I recently got this idea to create social media accounts, and just start providing people with value. Then after I´ve built up my audience (I know this will take a while though), start promoting a product that directly fits into my niche. That´s my current plan anyways, what do you guys think?
Hi there! Welcome to the whole new world for you ;)

You've chosen one of the most interesting ways in affiliate marketing (maybe not the easiest one though) and it will be really interesting to read about your experience on this path.

Good luck to you! If you need any help with affiliate marketing tools — feel free to text me :)

banners
Back