The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Adwords and affiiates confusion

93hamsal

affiliate
Hi I'm new to these forums and glad to be here, I'm also new to any sort of affiliate marketing but I'm trying to start somewhere and learn what I need to know to become a successful affiliate marketer.

I'm confused because I see everyone here referring to their websites and starting websites and that sort of thing. But I was under the impression I could profit by advertising for websites by using Google Adwords alone.

I'm decently tech savvy so I do know the basics of how to set up websites, domains and related things. So please don't be afraid to tell me which way to head.

And also im looking for any advice right now to get me of the ground and doing something. What should be my first step.

I'm confused because I see everyone here referring to their websites and starting websites and that sort of thing. But I was under the impression I could profit by advertising for websites by using Google Adwords alone.

I'm decently tech savvy so I do know the basics of how to set up websites, domains and related things. So please don't be afraid to tell me which way to head.

And also im looking for any advice right now to get me of the ground and doing something. What should be my first step.

Hi 93hamsal,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Well it is POSSIBLE to just use Adwords direct to the merchant, but there are a bunch of problems that make it very difficult to do IF you can do it at all.

1) The merchant has to approve of direct links in Adwords and many don't.

2) Adwords only allows one ad per domain, so if the merchant or other affiliates are already bidding you won't be able to unless you bid higher and have a better ad than they do. So it's a crap shoot and ca get very expensive.

3) Even if no one is bidding yet, it's getting harder and harder to get a decent Adwords quality score without having your own landing page going to your own site.

If you are new to affiliate marketing Adwords in general is a VERY tricky and expensive way to start. If you decide to go this route you REALLY need to study a lot 1st and be sure you pick a merchant that converts, tracks and pays or you could just put money out without getting any back.

You also have to know how to pick the right or product to target.

So since you are new to affiliate marketing, I'd read all the stickies in the newbie forum and then all the stickies in the niche marketing forum. This will help you understand some of the main options, find out what mistakes others have made so you can avoid them and learn what has worked for others.

There is no one right way for everyone, so discover some of the best options then a light will eventually turn on and you'll start to see the best option for you. It COULD be PPC, but you should do more research before you make that decision. Ask questions along the way. We're happy to help!

MI
Back