The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Advice on a script.

OldWelshGuy

affiliate
Ok I might have mentioned this before, but it is now crunch time.

I need to put up a community portal. It is for a small village, is being done for free, so I really don't want to lay out cash if I can help it.

I need it to do the following:~

1. have a calendar of events that people can add to and everyone can view, NOT individual calendars per member, but a community whats on sort of calendar where any member can add an event.

2. News section where people can add news.

3. Personal page.

4. Front page copntrol where admin can control the content

5. Community newsletter.

Now I know the obvious answer is Joomla, SEO etc is ABSOLUTELY not an issue as the only people using it will know about it. Joomla is probably the way ahead, BUT I don't know how to use the damn script, and more importantly I don't know which add ons will work.

I have seen the community builder add on, but that appears to totally wreck the homepage filling it full of user generated crap with like no place for the admin to add information etc :(

If anyone can help advise specific add ons, or even if someone wants to earn say $50 for installing the addons then let me know.

For all I know all of these might well already be in joomla LOL

I agree Tb Joomla is way to technical with way to many options, addons & so on.

How about Dolphin suite then? Boonex

Is that worth a shot?

Its great software, i used to use it & i am still using the barracuda link directory script.

One thing to keep in mind with boonex, there support might as well be done by small children there is hardly none & what there is, well is crap. There seems to be way to many random bugs that generate in there scripts.

banners
Back