The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

AdSense Product Referrals

Lisa76

affiliate
Just curious to know what everyone thinks of the new AdSense Product Referral system? Well I say "new" but that's because it was recently brought to my attention. So not sure how "new" it really is. I may be a little late. LOL

I guess my first concern is that all the other referral products (Firefox download, etc.) appear to be gone. I hope they are not getting rid of the referral part where you earn when your recruits make money.

Let's see....ummm...for me it was pretty much is a waste of ad space. I ran it for two weeks across my network with 0 referrals. I'm now using Direct Media Exchange to fill that ad space now and have bee happy with its performance.

Lisa, in a way it is new.

Google has had the referrals for a good while. But it was limited to some Google products and Firefox.

That started to change earlier this year when Google started making steps towards some other CPA offers. They tested it for about 3 months with some publishers and advertisers. A few weeks ago they starting opening it up to more publishers.

The Google products and Firefox are still available. But what is new is the 14 categories that include automotive, entertainment, games, health, recreation, shopping, travel and 7 others.

The Google products you mentioned which are included are: Google AdSense, Google AdWords, Google Checkout, Google Apps, Firefox plus Google Toolbar, Google Pack.

Hey Larwee,

Thanks. Yeah I knew about the other referral products and that's what I was missing. I didn't see those when I logged in. I only saw the new 14 product categories. I was looking for the page where you could get the code for Firefox, Google toolbar, etc. Unless I'm missing something I don't seem them under Adsense Setup/ Referrals anymore.

Do you see them? Great, I'm going blind from too many house on the computer. :)

Yes, I see them.

You go to AdSense Setup. Then Referrals. You scroll down and you will see Browse Items. If you continue to look down you will see Category. Then right under that is All Products. Then Google Products. To the right of Google Products I am seeing View Products. A click on that takes me to the listing of 6 Google Products.

Ahhhh... OK thanks Larwee! Whew, for a second I thought they got rid of the AdSense referral/two tier program and I would miss those extra commissions!

See I told you I'm going blind. ;)

MI
Back