The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

ads.pof + Plenty Of Fish Advertising Support.

benpof

affiliate
ads.pof + Plenty Of Fish Advertising Support.​

Plenty of Fish advertising also known as "ads.pof" is the online self serve targeted advertising platform for the free dating site PlentyOfFish.com. "POF ads" advertising platform gives advertisers access to over 20 million users, and enables you to target like no other display network. Plenty Of Fish ads also has a great POF ads blog and has some of the best support in the display industry.

Plenty of Fish paid advertising is vastly becoming one of the most profitable and popular methods for affiliates and CPA publishers, and is really giving Facebook ads a run for their money. Thousands of publishers are using "ads.pof.com" daily and is a great alternative to advertising with Facebook. Ads on POF can be highly demographically targeted and case studies have proven ads.pof is putting other advertising companies to shame.

Using an ad uploader you can easily make profitable POF ad campaigns and the volume is very decent to scale accordingly.

Use this thread to ask the official staff members of ads.pof.com questions, queries and to get general "Plenty Of Fish tips".

ads.pof_logo.jpg
Join Now

POF Facebook

POF Twitter

contacticon.png
ben@pof.com

Well, either way I'll just post the questions here. It might be useful for some other guys.

1 - So, can we upload creatives as Animated gifs, in POF? Or just static images?

2 - When I create a campaign, I can see that I have two creatives options: Small Ad (110x80) and Small Banner (310x110).
But if I read the dimension of the supported creatives, in the Help page, I can see that there are no Small Banner with 310x110.

Thanks

Paul

Well, either way I'll just post the questions here. It might be useful for some other guys.

1 - So, can we upload creatives as Animated gifs, in POF? Or just static images?

2 - When I create a campaign, I can see that I have two creatives options: Small Ad (110x80) and Small Banner (310x110).
But if I read the dimension of the supported creatives, in the Help page, I can see that there are no Small Banner with 310x110.

Thanks

Paul
Thats exactly what THIS thread is for :), ask away - Ben will be here soon to answer all questions.

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul, thanks for breaking the ice with the first questions!

1. Yes we allow animated gifs but only in the IAB banners. The IAB banners come with a $1000 deposit and have a max file size of 50kb. The rule w/ animated gifs is 2 second delay between frames, this is to prevent those super flashy annoying ads from being uploladed.

2. See #1 :)

Cheers!

Hey Ben :)

Thanks for your reply. I guess I've not made myself clear with the second question.

When creating a campaign, I can choose between two options: Small Ad or Small Banner.
I choose Small Banner (310x110).

But if I go to your Help page, I cannot see that banner format:

Uploading Your Creatives

The PlentyOfFish Ad Server is capable of handling images of the following size:

110x80px
300x250px
160x600px
728x90px

Taken from their help pdf:
6) Why can’t I see 300x250, 160x600 and 120x600 ads?
These ad sizes are only available to advertisers who have spent over $1,000 in the ad platform. Once
you reach this number, these ad sizes will be available when you create a new campaign.

So glad to see you here Ben. My question: what verticals/offers (except dating) are converting well on POF? Thank you :)

Hey Ben :)

Thanks for your reply. I guess I've not made myself clear with the second question.

When creating a campaign, I can choose between two options: Small Ad or Small Banner.
I choose Small Banner (310x110).

But if I go to your Help page, I cannot see that banner format:

Right, this is because you haven't hit $1000 in deposit. Once you have, you will be given the option to create a campaign for the IAB standard ads instead of automatically going to the 110x80 and 310x110 campaign

So glad to see you here Ben. My question: what verticals/offers (except dating) are converting well on POF? Thank you :)

Health and Beauty, "how to pick up girls" products (see clickbank), EDU, Zodiac, shopping offers... your first campaign on POF should be dating though.. its easiest to monetize.

Health and Beauty, "how to pick up girls" products (see clickbank), EDU, Zodiac, shopping offers... your first campaign on POF should be dating though.. its easiest to monetize.

So for Dating better to use a LP or Direct-Linking ?
Thank you

Hello Ben, i want to start using POF Ads. I wrote an email to support two days ago about this but il repost the problem here. I am from Lithuania, there's no such country to choose in cpanel, why? I think you can help me to get in. Thanks in advance :)

Hello Ben, i want to start using POF Ads. I wrote an email to support two days ago about this but il repost the problem here. I am from Lithuania, there's no such country to choose in cpanel, why? I think you can help me to get in. Thanks in advance :)

Hey Ben,

I have a similar problem. But I also have a card with a US billing address but that card is being declined. Any way to use paypal?

Check the comments section of this blog post. Maybe Ben can confirm if it is still okay to sign up under an alternate country today.

Hey guys, yes you can sign up under an alternate country and it will create the account OK. You will mostly likely run into issues with the credit card and if you do, please email me at ben@Pof.com and I'll give you our Paypal option (minimum $50 deposit).

I couldn't find my country in the available list. I signed up using a available country. I've just sent you an email to activate the paypal deposit method for me. Thanks Ben!

MI
Back