The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Add an SSL to my domain with Discovery Plan On Voluum

adoncohenaf

affiliate
Hey so i added my custom domain to my Voluum Account, and im trying to get it a SSL verification(as i know from experience its almost a most on a facebook campaign as most browser will block the site)
Now im on the the discovery plan and im being told its not possible, and i need to upgrade to the Profit plan...
im just at the start of my journey i havent even got my campaigns running and i find it not smart to already upgrade my account i dont have enough experience with this tracker and my first need in running a campaign is not included:(..
so with out my ssl my voluum feels useless with no ssl, is there any way around it? how can i run my campaign on custom domain with ssl...
if il use the deticate domain it feels like an alert for facebook algo, also not appealing to the audience, and if this domain get ban by facebook its probaly a whole mess

thanks from advance!

• Get your own webserver VPS or better recommended.
  • Host your own domain.
  • Get a free Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS HTTPS Certificate.
  • Host your landing pages on your own server in the right GEO or with a CDN if you are going global.
  • **If you are running Blackhat and think you may get banned --you will have the same issue with the domain names hosted anywhere. Domain names and servers are cheap --a re-do for getting banned is the cost of doing business that way.

Yeah, voluum is very good at marketing but in my opinion, don't give them your money. There are better, less expensive trackers now. It's hilarious to me that Voluum would even offer a plan without at least a few custom ssl domains. Everyone is using Landing track and kintura now.

@adoncohenaf
You're right, when you're on Discover plan, using a secure connection is possible but only with a dedicated domain - that was a business decision on our end.
Though a dedicated domain is unique to your account - you're not sharing it with anyone so it's not possible it alerts Facebook's algo on its own. The fact that its name is random doesn't matter that much either, visitors see your landing page URL and not your tracking URL since you're direct tracking and a dedicated domain is used only for a redirect between your LP and offer page that happens so fast it's merely noticeable.

Karolina

banners
Back