The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seeking Help Ad Networks using bots

Google Analytics can detect some of the bot traffic as well as many of the independent bot detection platforms.

Remember there are good bots too, so use a bot detection and management tool that assists in separating the good from the bad.

I don't really think those ad networks are 'using bots' they just are not trying that hard to detect low-quality traffic.

Change your settings to only Chrome 105+ to current 107.0.5304
look up version histories for Firefox and Safari too

Only Win 10 and 11
Only Android 10 +
Only Mac /ios 12 +

Filter out the low quality and adjust your bid.

I could say I can run reports on 100K IPs but it will cost you. A random sample of 10,000 would work --but what do you really want to know and what is the GEO (s)?--
But in the final analysis --we may find little identifiable bot (non human) traffic.
There is a real problem now with Selenium/Headless Chrome --these use WebDriver and with the use of residential proxies that make's it very hard to detect robotic traffic.

If you are in Europe business is real bad if you are selling unnecessary discretionary items. Unless, you are dealing with top feeders and those traffic networks deliver lower level to bottom feeders. US and Canada is a bit better but inflation is a problem. (Google, Bing, Facebook, Social native is medium to better traffic depending --but you pay the price)

I bought a 5 burner gas stove today and the warehouse had little in-stock. 'Free' delivery turned out to be $45 and he said diesel fuel was part of the problem. Bottom line was $845 delivered into the house --I do the gas hookup. The last stove 12 years ago was less than $400 --less features. They only had the better models available in self-cleaning ovens. So, when people are getting 'soaked' on things they need --buying frivolous things takes a back seat. That is part of the problem too -- what does your client sell --and were is it on the "do I really need scale"?

Me: Is it valid traffic that is logged as session traffic that some will follow an onsite link (and not just scrape and bounce)?
If the above are true the 'traffic' is seen as real visitors --that traffic is of value.

AI:There are a few things to consider when determining if traffic is valid. First, is the traffic coming from a real person or a bot? If it is a bot, then the traffic is not valid. Second, is the person coming to the site for a specific purpose? If they are just scraping the site for information and not actually looking at the content, then the traffic is not valid. Finally, if the person is following an onsite link, then the traffic is most likely valid.

Me: If you are just scamming to sell your traffic to a traffic network --bot traffic may fool the --see traffic arbitrage* I am assuming that the bot traffic is headless chrome using residential proxies the same as the resell to advertiser. Obviously, they can't tell the difference </cynicism>

AI: If you are just scamming to sell your traffic to a traffic network, bot traffic may fool the network into thinking it is real traffic. However, the network will eventually figure out that the traffic is not real and will cut you off. So, while you may be able to make some money in the short term, it is not a sustainable business model.

MI
Back