The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

About Push Notifications

Freejoy

Hi

I'm trying to test some push notification campaigns and I noticed some ad networks have a large and small images for me to upload for the Push Notification and some only have a small image to upload.

Are there different kinds of Push Notification messages?

Thank you

No, every ad network is sooooo special :D Pain in the ass really as far as the size images.
Last 2 days I have been designing 'scaleable' creatives: aspect ratio 1:1 and 1.20
  • 1:1 can be scaled 200x200, 500x500 etc ... 100x100
  • 1:1.20 is like 300x250
  • Tweets 1200x(500 to 600) seem to work well depending on the bottom content -- twitter rescales their tweet content and if it is too small it gets distorted ...
SVG graphics editor buggy Inkscape. Adobe AI works better probably.

You copy or create 'objects' , copy or create 'text', then --layer them to a canvas (with the aspect ratio) group them and save as a SGV for future use. Final step is to export a PNG (I use 500x500 usually) then further compress them to the needed size using imagemagick at the command line (you can do this with Gimp or Photoshop too -- just slower).

Adapt or die ;)

Hi

I'm trying to test some push notification campaigns and I noticed some ad networks have a large and small images for me to upload for the Push Notification and some only have a small image to upload.

Thank you
I believe the OP is asking why he need to upload two different size of images with the same ad network.

As per my understanding the smaller image is shown as notification thumbnail along with the title, and bigger image is displayed as notification body.

What I was talking about is that one network wanted me to upload three images and the other network only wanted one images for their Push Notifications. So it seems the push notifications come in different formats? I'm just wondering about the effectiveness of each apparently different Push Notification format.

No he is asking why there is no documentation.

I am trying to find WORD COUNT *specification* for Title: and Description: WTF, that is so damn simple ...
Image #1 is to be an icon what is the final icon size? Will that image appear clearly and convey the message?

The Network ASSUMES you know this apparently? ass-u-me :(
This is me 20 min ago :
u-https-media-tenor.gif

Worst part is I did some search for any specifics and all I see is SEO marketing bullshit.
</rant>

That is what I am seeing -- very irritating. Very poor precise documentation.

If you go to the majors (Google, Bing) -- there is clear documentation.

We have many official push network's representative here on the forum... I wonder why none of them find this discussion interesting.

this is what he is talking about
this is why i use a SVG editor
so the campaign image can be modified icon/main image (as an example).

push-images.png

push-icon.png

This is 62px square
"looks" about right
** one friend told me selfadvertiser states 72px x 72 px ?
push-icon72.png

This is 72px square
this information should be readily available -- in a well documented network
This is what your image may compress to ???
That is why there are 2 ...
Feel free to state your exact network sizes for the record ....

The problem I am finding is that *these* people are not native English speakers and I need to talk to them using a 12 year old child's vocabulary ... hurts my head ...

Last edited:
Made another sell. Spend = $10.43 Revenue= $36. Time to optimize! : )
You don't have enough data, but good luck.

IMO most push networks don't know how push notifications work. Not saying all don't, but many because many are just brokers.

The format of the push depends on the browser and OS. Some only have one image, some have 2.

Hi

Thank you
Hey @Freejoy yes the sizes could differ, depends on what the publisher hosts support.
though in Push the text and image is more relevant than the size, it could also be diff due to screensize.

RULE #1, There are no rules.
The images are 2 for push
icon/ and body
this is what he is talking about
this is why i use a SVG editor
so the campaign image can be modified icon/main image (as an example).

push-images.png
Push: main and icon --they can be DIFFERENT.
one image is Native ads
That is what I am seeing -- very irritating. Very poor precise documentation.

If you go to the majors (Google, Bing) -- there is clear documentation.

Last edited:
but many because many are just brokers.
Exactly +1
that may explain the different ratios ;
  • 1:1 can be scaled 200x200, 500x500 etc ... 100x100
  • 1:1.20 is like 300x250
That information should be specific in the documentation ...
These ad networks need to pay for technical translators for the user documentation.
I have dealt with developers and coders for years: most of them, however intelligent, lack good verbal skills -- they talk a gobbly-goop fragmented language.

Which is all the more reason to us SVG and image scaling when the display RATIOS will DIFFER

200x200 to 300x250 squares v. rectangles
You can resize, edit, crop the individual elements -- regroup -- set the boundary size -- exactly.
Not just try to stretch and then crop to size -- good luck in accuracy :p

joker-CARD-ALL-800.png

Say what?

MI
Back