The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

about Forums!

K36

affiliate
Ok guys so I figured I may be able to help and add value here with my forum expertise.

Feel free to ask me anything related to forums here and i'll do my best to answer.

Let's go!

Why did you choose running a forum from other online ventures, and how many months before this venture becomes profitable?

What are the costs of starting a forum?
The essential costs are:

• Forum software license
  • Hosting
  • Domain
You can of course use free versions of all the above but i'd say around $300 would do it on a shoe string.

Why did you choose running a forum from other online ventures, and how many months before this venture becomes profitable?

I've ALWAYS been around forums since the day I came online.

I just love the communities.

The best thing about them is they are "user generated content" meaning when you get them to a certain stage (usually 4-5 years old) they will generate their own content easily.

They are VERY hard work tho.

How do you get people posting?, I have run many support forums for my websites but I'm the only person who posts.

Whats your offer for advertisement on your forum?
I don't understand your question?
How do you get people posting?, I have run many support forums for my websites but I'm the only person who posts.
You need two things to create a successful forum, time and patience.

• run competitions
  • start viral threads that are engaging (who can post last etc)
  • put yourself on social media
  • ask peers to join and contribute
  • pay a forum poster
  • recruit from similar forums
  • be consistent

It takes time and patience.

I don't understand your question?

You need two things to create a successful forum, time and patience.

• run competitions
  • start viral threads that are engaging (who can post last etc)
  • put yourself on social media
  • ask peers to join and contribute
  • pay a forum poster
  • recruit from similar forums
  • be consistent

It takes time and patience.
I wanna Advertise on your forum want to know whats Price time period etc..

What can make your forum special??
How to do get your forum to stand out in an already crowded market?

These are both the same type of question and in all honesty the answer is "be consistent and be unique"

SO for example we were the first EVER forum company and first ever webmaster forum to have resources like this Resources | Webmaster Forum | WebsiteFix, this will be a HUGE source of engagement and interaction. Again when we intro the "business centre" we have on our other forums here it will be the first of its kind and its innovative and useful.

The other is being consistent, you need to make sure you keep the forums active, moderate every thread and be consistent with everything from moderation to posting.

Where would you place advertisements at on your forums (if you was to do it)?
Display banners work but don't overdo it.

I would also look at more intuitive ways to monetise my forums besides your standard advertisements.

Display banners work but don't overdo it.

I would also look at more intuitive ways to monetise my forums besides your standard advertisements.

What intuitive ways would you monetize a forum?

banners
Back