The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

A quick way to test a niche

Bryan Zimmerman

Here is a quick way to test a niche to see if it will convert for you or not. There is no point in building a funnel of traffic to something if it does not convert to begin with. This will cost you about 10 dollars but it will save you a lot of time!

Go and pick a product in a niche that you think will convert. Buy yourself a domain name and set it up to redirect to your affilate link for your product. Go over to Ezine Articles and write 3 articles around the keywords you have chosen. In your resource box put your domain that you just bought which redirects to your affilate products sales page.

If you can do it, write 2-3 articles around your keywords everyday for a week or so. See how it converts. If you get to 600-700 hops and have not made a sale then you know the product sucks and it's time to move on.

The point is that even if you build a landing page to point to the affilate product, they are eventually going to get to the affilate products sales page anyway right? So why not cut out the middle step and see how it converts before you waste your time building a landing page.

If you are getting a couple sales from it then you know it's going to be a profitable product to promote. Then you get to work setting up your campaign. Squidoo, hubs, rss feeds ect.

This is also a very easy way to get your first sale if you are having trouble getting one.

Thank you Bryan for sharing your niche testing method. Really, a lot of time is spent on to test a niche to see if it converts . I think, your method might save us some time. Thank you once again.

Thank you Bryan for sharing your niche testing method. Really, a lot of time is spent on to test a niche to see if it converts . I think, your method might save us some time. Thank you once again.

Not only will it save you time, it will also save you a lot of frustration! This way you know whether or not to spend your time building pages to it or not.

Here is a quick way to test a niche to see if it will convert for you or not. There is no point in building a funnel of traffic to something if it does not convert to begin with. This will cost you about 10 dollars but it will save you a lot of time!

Go and pick a product in a niche that you think will convert. Buy yourself a domain name and set it up to redirect to your affilate link for your product. Go over to Ezine Articles and write 3 articles around the keywords you have chosen. In your resource box put your domain that you just bought which redirects to your affilate products sales page.

If you can do it, write 2-3 articles around your keywords everyday for a week or so. See how it converts. If you get to 600-700 hops and have not made a sale then you know the product sucks and it's time to move on.

The point is that even if you build a landing page to point to the affilate product, they are eventually going to get to the affilate products sales page anyway right? So why not cut out the middle step and see how it converts before you waste your time building a landing page.

If you are getting a couple sales from it then you know it's going to be a profitable product to promote. Then you get to work setting up your campaign. Squidoo, hubs, rss feeds ect.

This is also a very easy way to get your first sale if you are having trouble getting one.

Good call Bryan...I have used a method similar to this in testing niches...and it is a good way to test.

Please don't make too much fun of me:D, How long should the articles be? should I make an effort to use specific key words that are highly searched in that niche?

I try to keep the articles between 250 and 300 words. Just enough to get their attention and make them want to click the resource box link, but not long enought to give away to much information.

Yes you definately need to target keywords that are highly searched. But make sure they don' t have a lot of competition.

Please don't make too much fun of me:D, How long should the articles be? should I make an effort to use specific key words that are highly searched in that niche?

Your articles should be at least 500 words, but some directories will accept less.
make some effort with your keywords but don't over do it - it will just look too much like sales and not great info for the reader

Redirecting with HTML codes?

Go and pick a product in a niche that you think will convert. Buy yourself a domain name and set it up to redirect to your affiliate link for your product.

So here's my question..I'm all set to redirect my domain to the merchant yet all I can get from the merchant for linking options are HTML codes. Can I use HTML codes for this? Seems like I could just take the http stuff out of the code and make it work, but I'm not sure.

banners
Back