The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

A newbie’s diary of monetizing mobile traffic with Golden Goose gg.agency

Thanks man, but as we all know, scaling it is often much more difficult than getting high ROI. Today I cloned the RU campaign to another traffic platform, and reduced the click cost from $0.02 to $0.005 (waiting to see how many clicks I'll be getting with that one). As of today I’ve managed to generate 157 non fraud conversions, that brought me $227 out of $790 I’ve spent on them.

Golden Goose – monetize your mobile traffic under the wing of a powerful company (Vendor listing, non-referral)
Golden Goose Affiliate Network - Daily Payouts (referral link)

Last edited by a moderator:
For the past two days I paid $2.23 to get 4 conversions for my RU campaign, bringing me $1.4 with the old traffic platform, with negative ROI -37%; and I paid $1.48 to get 5 conversions for RU campaign with 300x100 banners, bringing me $1.75 with the new traffic platform, with positive ROI +18% (using CPC payment model on both of them).

So, in order to achieve higher ROI, we should test not only different creatives and target settings, but different traffic sources as well. On the new platform I used to scale the RU campaign the 300x100 banners had much higher CR than the 300x250 banners, that gave no conversions at all. I'll do some more testing on 300x250 banners, but the 300x100 is by far a better choice.
Golden Goose – monetize your mobile traffic under the wing of a powerful company (Vendor listing, non-referral)

So, in order to achieve higher ROI, we should test not only different creatives and target settings, but different traffic sources as well.

Very definitely true! Not all traffic sources will have the same quality of traffic. Crappy traffic will eat your budget with little to no return.

Thank you Azgold. I'm starting to believe that in order to get 4 figures clean profit a month I need not to search for some magic offer that I'll be able to scale significantly and be getting thousands dollars per month from it, but achieve positive ROI for a few dozens or even a few hundreds of offers, bringing me few dozens dollars per month each. Cause it's much more easy to get at a reasonable price few hundreds clicks a day for different categories and GEOs, than to get at a low price thousands clicks a day for a single category and GEO. What do you think about it?

Since Friday I got 9 conversions from 316 clicks on the new international traffic platform for my RU adult video subscription campaign with 300x100 banners (all of them coming from the mobile carrier Megafon) and 10 conversions from 327 clicks on the old local Russian traffic platform with 100x100 banners (all of them coming from the mobile carrier Beeline). Since half of the clicks from the new traffic source came from Beeline carrier and brought not a single conversion, I won't be targeting that mobile carrier on the new traffic platform anymore and hopefully cut my cost there by half, so that to rise my positive ROI for RU campaign there from +25% to +50% (with the old traffic source for my RU campaign I've been getting negative ROI since the day one and up until today, even though it's a local Russian adult teaser network selling clicks for $0.018 minimum, which is 2-3 times more expensive than at the international adult banner network I've used to scale). Also, I've stopped running 300x250 banners at the new traffic source, since I've spent $0.80 on 80 clicks for them with 0 conversions, which is obviously far worse than the 300x100 banners.

Today I accidentally spent $12 just in a few minutes choosing Wi-Fi without language targeting, for a new GEO I'm testing. :) Got 0 conversions out of 1000 clicks from all over the world for that one, but got to see the most lucrative GEOs for offers allowing Wi-Fi, so soon I'll be picking up some new GEOs and offers for testing. :)

As of now I've managed to get 12 conversions for my RU campaign on the new traffic platform, costing me $0.321 per lead and bringing me $0.38 per lead for the 300x100 banners - that's a +18% positive ROI (not to high, but much better than on the local Russian adult teaser network, where I still have a negative ROI after 1.5 month I started there). Adult Video offers for GE & DE GEOs though generated 0 leads on the same new traffic platform after some $26 spent on each, so I'm stopping them (I guess those GEOs are not interested in paid video subscriptions).

Today, for the 2nd time since the 7th of August, I got a positive ROI for my RU adult video campaign at the local Russian adult teaser network - 9 conversions with ROI +133%. So I've decided to target just one most converting website (from which I was getting 1 conversion for every 2 clicks) and rise the price per click for it 7-fold (to $0.14), but the clicks were still generating not from one, but from the series of websites that have been on my whitelist till the last changes in targeting settings, and the website I wanted to target generated just one extra click, and I was spending multiply amounts on clicks from low converting websites. Thus I restored all the previous targeting and price options that gave me today positive ROI, and hopefully it will stay positive long term.

P.S. The more time passes the more I stick to the conclusion that trying to scale by lifting the price is not a good option at all, and the match better option is to stick with the lowest price possible and simultaneously create hundreds of low cost/low volume campaigns on multiple traffic platforms. I will continue to study this forum though to see if I'm wrong by thinking so or there is indeed no way to getting reach quick just by bidding up the price you pay for the traffic and trying to find just one magic offer.

achieve positive ROI for a few dozens or even a few hundreds of offers

Can you run that many at one time?

Cause it's much more easy to get at a reasonable price few hundreds clicks a day for different categories and GEOs, than to get at a low price thousands clicks a day for a single category and GEO. What do you think about it?

Diversification is always good but again, can you monitor a ton of campaigns running all at the same time? Are you a good juggler? :D I'm not saying you can't, just asking if you can.

Today I accidentally spent $12 just in a few minutes

That's okay, I've spent far more than that is less than five minutes. :D No, not a positive ROI, unfortunately but a ton of redirect traffic.

I was getting 1 conversion for every 2 clicks

That's amazing!

@TrafficYoda is running an adult campaign, using banners and is doing a follow-along journey now, too. She has found that desktop is converting better than mobile for her. That's why we often tell people that what works for me, may not work for you. :)

Last edited:
Diversification is always good but again, can you monitor a ton of campaigns running all at the same time? Are you a good juggler? :D I'm not saying you can't, just asking if you can.
Well, I doubt there is any platforms out there selling significant amounts of non fraud clicks under $0.01. At ExoClick and some large DSPs the minimum CPC price for the tier 1 countries starts from $0.04, and I doubt I can get even few hundreds of clicks per day at that price (I'll try and see though). On the other hand, there are around 100 large countries in the world, and you can find 2-5 converting offers for each of them...

Meanwhile, this month I spent just $0.72 on my CH campaign bringing me 3 conversions worth $27 - it's a +3650% positive ROI (that is $56 a month, if it continues that way). My RU campaign on the same platform, that I started there on September 7th in order to scale, brought me 15 conversions worth $5.7 that cost me $4.74 - just +20% positive ROI (that is $4 a month, if it continues that way). Sure it's not much, but hey, it's just 2 campaigns, and if, in time, I manage to run simultaneously hundreds of them, that would be a 4 digit figure many fellows over here are dreaming about.

I don't say it's gonna happen over night or in a year (or that it will ever happen for that matter), nor that it's gonna be easy and charming, but since it's not so common a technique over here, why not give it a try and see? :)

Wow! That's got to be some kind of record for the lowest ad spend, especially with a positive 3650% ROI, congrats on that. If there is a way to scale that...
As I've told before, there is no way to scale it at such a low prices and get more than 50 clicks daily, nor can you have such a low cost for all the GEOs, but only for a limited number of countries (different at each traffic platform). E.g. on the same platform I get no BE clicks at all with the CPC price lower than $0.05 (let alone $0.002).

As of now I've generated 210 conversions, bringing me $260 with total cost of $900.

MI
Back