The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

A new inexperienced (or unexperienced?) Media Buyer

MediaBuyerCZ

affiliate
Hello, people!
I just got a job as a media buyer and I don't really know what I'm doing. I was hoping to learn a thing or two in this forum (For now I also hope not to get bombarded by ad exchange sales people trying to recruit me to their platform)

I've been working for a month now and all I was doing is to contact publishers directly and trying to buy display media on their websites (I even managed to buy one or two within our CPM budget) but the rest gave me insane offers (Some even tried to sell me in $35 CPM LOL)
I was hoping to study Programmatic and DSP (or DPS?) But I have no idea where to start...
Any tips would be very much appreciated!

Welcome to AffiliateFix. I think this is the best forum on the web for all things digital marketing. You should check out the forums within the Publishers genre and perhaps the General Internet Marketing discussion forum. There's also the business center, but be careful in there! I like to call it the jungle. When people see your username you're going to get swamped with offers and private messages haha

Hello, people!
I just got a job as a media buyer and I don't really know what I'm doing. I was hoping to learn a thing or two in this forum (For now I also hope not to get bombarded by ad exchange sales people trying to recruit me to their platform)

I've been working for a month now and all I was doing is to contact publishers directly and trying to buy display media on their websites (I even managed to buy one or two within our CPM budget) but the rest gave me insane offers (Some even tried to sell me in $35 CPM LOL)
I was hoping to study Programmatic and DSP (or DPS?) But I have no idea where to start...
Any tips would be very much appreciated!

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

Nice to have you join us.

See you around the forums.

Welcome to AffiliateFix. I think this is the best forum on the web for all things digital marketing. You should check out the forums within the Publishers genre and perhaps the General Internet Marketing discussion forum. There's also the business center, but be careful in there! I like to call it the jungle. When people see your username you're going to get swamped with offers and private messages haha
Yes, I can already see that happens :D
Thank you for your warm welcome.
See you around the forums!

Welcome..!

Wow... You must of had a pretty good interview to get a job as media buyer.. to have as you say, really have no idea what you're doing..:)

Yeah.. for sure starting out buying media is crazy as everyone in the world has something to say but you really don't know who is for real..

Good luck..

MI
Back