The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

A little POP help for a Newbie

Richyb

affiliate
Hey everyone. Finally signed up after a while of lurking and finally taken the plunge into CPA/AM after a long battle with my self trying to overcome the fact i will loose money before i make it.

So I've had a dabble over the past few weeks and honestly I've been all over the place. Made a little bit of money ($80) but i've spent about $250 so while its a loss its also investment in my learning.

Yesterday i decided to sort my sh*t out and take a more strategic approach and hopefully with the advice you kind people may give me i can actually get some sense of what i'm doing.

Here is what i have so far

Tracker
: CPVlab
Traffic Source : Popads
Lander : Made my self with countdown of available offer units (scarcity), Mobile response, limited input from the user to be taken to the offer (one button click), audio play on page load for 1 seconds to grab their attention. Back button redirect to offer and some code protections in place to limit people ripping (optimistic i know).

Day 1 results

Spent : $11.07
Traffic Delivered : 4514
Back Button Clicks : 369
Clicks : 15
CTR Rate : 0.35%
Conversions : 2
Conversion Rate : 14%
Earnings : $2.60
Profit : -$8.47

At this stage i've spent x8 more than the offer payout on traffic and had 2 conversions

Q1 : Does this offer look like it has potential bearing in mind the amount i have spent on traffic
Q2 : Would you recommend spending anymore to get more data at this stage.
Q3 : Would you recommend i optimize my targeting options within popads based on my CPVLab data or is it too early to do this?
Q4 : Should i scrap the lander and come up with a new/few more angles to test.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Hi, @Richyb and first of all, welcome! Hope you'll make your way over to the Introductions forum, too so everyone can say hello. :)

Re your campaign, I don't personally do pop but the very first question that springs to my mind is...did you do any split-testing?

Thanks for the reply.

No i didn't do any split testing. My thought process was that i'm not spending enough to do split testing landers. Maybe this is a newbie mistake on my part?

First and foremost, improve your landing page. That's way too low CTR. Increase your CTR, get more conversions and then everything can be judged by data. Right now, data isn't enough to give you a right answer.
  1. That amount is not not a factor here. You are paying around $3 per 1k traffic with payout of $1.3. At that rate it would be hard to break it even unless you are having a very good CTR and CR.
  2. As said earlier, you don't have enough data. So you gather more data.
  3. Its too early. You can't optimise with just 2 conversions.
  4. Yes, you should. Try to increase your CTR with new landers.

Thanks for the reply's everyone. Great job.

I'll work on my landing page and post here with my results and what i done :)

Thanks again.

I heard my name mentioned and here I am to help.

First off, I always recommend start with a split testing various landing page, if you are short on budget 4~5 will do, with 4~5 offers.

Because right now, you have a bad lander with low ctr (when you are a newbie increasing CTR, CR will be a challenge, but starting with such low ctr it would mean big learning curve while losing money).

The clicks are too low whether to say your offer is good or not. Again better to split test offers because good offer alone can make a bad campaign good.

Best way to spend less testing and do better is leveraging on people who already finishing testing and making revenue, you can do this but spying tool and ripping good landing pages that have been runing in good amount of time. This why you are starting your campagin with already working landers.

Reminder, just because you have a good landing pages doesn't mean your campagin will turn green, there is a lot of factors to keep in mind when doing campagin landing page is just one of them.

Get good offers by asking your AM about top offers to test on your targetted country.

Keep asking questions like you did today, and I am sure you can do this.
Let me know if you have any questions.

The reason i didn't want to use other peoples landers is i feel i wouldn't learn anything, as you say they are already optimized so while they may convert i wouldn't necessarily know why as i didn't go through that side of the optimization process. Granted i would loose money but i feel learning why a lander converts would put me in a good position later on down the line.

Do you think thats the wrong approach if thinking further ahead, rather than the ROI right now.

I can always do 4/5 lander rips and 4/5 of my own and test that way.

Thanks for the advice

banners
Back