The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

8 common mistakes when starting a business

ksoftseo

• Lack of capital for the initial investment, including working capital.
  • Unawareness of the market in which it will act.
  • Ignorance of the legal and tax responsibilities inherent in the business.
  • Lack of, or scarce, technical knowledge.
  • Inaccurate analysis about the place of installation and commercialization.
  • Little or no marketing planning.
  • Financial unrest
  • The mix of personal accounts with those of the company.

I am running a business where I am having team of almost 10 people.its getting hard and hard for me to manage all of them.The points you discuss above are all matter I am agree with you.If you are having purpose so things might get easier for you.

• Financial unrest

I've personally had to deal with issues involving the third item listed. It's crazy how much there is to know before you can even think about running a business. Most of which doesn't rear it's ugly head until you've made a few bucks, or if you're lucky someone lets you know beforehand. One note for freelancers out there. Save 50% of your income for the first year you work. That way you don't end up owing thousands to the government that you've already spent...

Commonly used software = easy to hack, would be my worry.
You have to understand the software to be able to find its security vulnerabilities and defend against them. No software is bulletproof.
But then; some home-brewed software can even be worse.

• Not checking copyrights
  • Involving many Partners
  • Letting Personal Issues Get In The Way
  • Picking The Wrong Partner
  • Depending Too Much On Automation
  • Not Hiring an Agent
  • Not Carrying Proper Insurance

Before starting website development, think carefully about the whole process. You should realize that a company must be completely sure of its website's reliability. Last year our company faced a huge problem with poor functionality of our website and a mobile app. We wanted to develop an app like uber, and luckily, we have found a great software outsourcing company, which helped us with our issue.

You're perfectly right. Also, some more mistakes found usually-

* Lack of Business Knowledge
* Proper Team
* Team Discussion
* Unity
* Reputation Management, etc

• Financial unrest

Here are the few more mistakes that an entrepreneur normally commit.

Skipping the Planning Phase
Not Setting SMART Goals
Undervaluing Your Products or Services
Avoiding New Technology
Being Afraid of Marketing
Not Knowing Who Your Ideal Customer Is
Overspending
Underspending
Doing It All Alone

According to my point of view following common mistakes, entrepreneur do while starting a business

Afraid to fail
Get organized
Hire too soon
avoid contracts
Move too slowly
Grow at the right pace
Misinterpret your market
Delegate and avoid micromanaging

• Financial unrest
Good Sharing. Why do People start Business if they dunno the basics ?

Starting a business is no big deal but maintaining a business is not an easy task. I think not knowing the right people, underestimating product value, moving it all alone, and ignoring marketing are some common factors that affect the most.
yeah, you are right...

You perfectly described the main mistakes. I just want to add that the main mistake in business are fake hopes. When peopl hear the word business they unconsciously associate it with big sums of money. However, they often don't understand that business is also a big responsibility. You have to be liable actually for everything that happens with your business. That's why lots of businessmen never come to wealth. I believe that people who really consider business as the primary activity should firstly weigh all the pros and cons of this activity and only then hope for good profits. Don't think that it's easy, it's not esy at all.

These mistakes are of great danger to the business and the writer did a good job in collecting them together in one place. However, some of them are too stupid like lack of capital. Business requires some money and it is absolutely stupid to start it without proper financing. I din't understand what you meant by financial unrest. Is it personal unrest or unrest in the country's ecenomy. Surely, if you have some financial troubles, you'd better postpone starting your own business, however, if there is overall economic decline, you should analyse the whole situation for your niche as it may turn out to be the best time to start it, as some of the expenses may be reduced.

The main mistakes in my opnion when starting your own business are lack of confidence, fear of losing opportunities and fear of losing your money, lack of knowlege and skills, and, lack of managerial experience. Of course, there are some business men who started from the bottom and had no experience of working on managerial position, nevertheless I believe that professional businessmen should always have some experience, maybe as managers in smal companies or stuff like that. They have to understand how business processes flow and how to make your business prosperous and successful, in order to gain more money.

The worst mistake which a beginner can make is absense of any business plan. Before investing in your own business, you need to realise how it will develop and how much money you need to make it bring profits.

The main mistake people make not only in business but in affiliate marketing is that they invest all their funds into a single source of income. If we take affiliate marketing - many teams find a working bundle and immediately stop looking for other ones. And when the bundle burns out, they fail to identify a new one and they also didn't allocate any money for tests. Meaning diversifying your sources of income is always a good idea.

banners
Back