The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

5 important factors for search engine optimisation success

temi

affiliate
I know search engine optimisation is not a simple art or science, it consists several factors including on page and off page factors, relevant link building and other stuff. But if you are to list the 5 most important factors required to secure high ranking in top search engines for a particular keyword, what would it be? This question goes to our resident SEO experts and budding experts

1. Title tag
2. Domain name
3. How frequently site is updated
4. Keyword frequency
5. Backlinks

In no particular order. I would have included properly SEO'd pages, but I didn't because that's to broad, but I would expect proper use of h1 tags, meta tags, site description, robot text, etc. Some of these I feel aren't essential to ranking high for a particular keyword, but are just good habits to rank high.

Thanks for that Monkey, any one else want to add to the list of good practice that could help improve a site's SEO ?

monkey said:
1. Title tag
2. Domain name
3. How frequently site is updated
4. Keyword frequency
5. Backlinks

In no particular order. I would have included properly SEO'd pages, but I didn't because that's to broad, but I would expect proper use of h1 tags, meta tags, site description, robot text, etc. Some of these I feel aren't essential to ranking high for a particular keyword, but are just good habits to rank high.

this is exactly what i would really say

Page Title

keyword rich anchor text backlinks

On page content focused pages relevant to the keywords.

Clear navigation system using anchor text where possible.

Links from relevant sites (to drive quality traffic and future proof for up and coming technology changes to algorithm)

banners
Back