The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

5 Common Affiliate Marketing Mistakes Beginners Make Without Even Knowing It

Stevens

affiliate
If you are new to affiliate marketing, or have been at it for a while, and you just can’t seem to get the results you want chances are you’re making one or more of these 5 common affiliate marketing mistakes you have to avoid.

The first and most common mistake I see beginner affiliate marketers make is not building an email list. Now i’m not going to lie, I was guilty of this when I first started and its the one thing I would go back and change if I could. Building an email list is one of the most important things for long term affiliate marketing success because it allows you to sell multiple different offers to one lead, and it increases your conversion rates. If you aren’t collecting emails you’re missing out on tons of sales and you’re ultimately setting yourself up for failure.

The second affiliate marketing mistake I see way too many people make is they end up picking the wrong niche. This usually only happens for one of two reasons. Either you’re so excited that you just want to get started right away, so you don’t take the time to pick a niche that’s right for you, or you just simply don’t know how to find a profitable niche that you’ll enjoy.

The third mistake that 99% of affiliate marketers make is they sell too much and they don’t give enough value. I know you have to sell in order to make money, but if that’s all you’re doing you’re really hurting your chances of affiliate marketing success. In fact, the most successful affiliate marketers don’t sell, they help! Actually helping a potential customer solve their problems builds trust, and gets them out of the mindset that they are being sold to. This is important because it keep visitors coming back to you for answers, which allows you to solve their problems with solutions that are free or paid (the paid solutions are your affiliate offers).

The fourth common affiliate marketing mistake you might be making is not split testing everything. This includes landing pages, email headlines, ad copy and so many other things. If you aren’t split testing you’re losing money, and that’s a shame because split testing is actually pretty freaking easy. I know click funnels get response and Facebook all have built in the ability for you to easily split test, but if you’re using a platform that doesn’t have built in split testing you can use tools like visual web optimizer and five second test to optimize your website and landing pages. Split testing is super easy and can highly increase your conversions, so there’s absolutely no reason for you to not take a few minutes to set it up.

The last affiliate marketing mistake that I see a lot of people making is that they promote low-quality offers, which is super problematic if they are striving for long-term affiliate marketing success. You could literally have done everything else right, but if you are promoting a low-quality offer it doesn’t matter, because even if you do make a sale, you are going to lose the trust that you worked so hard to gain. Just put yourself and your customer shoes. They searched the Internet looking for a solution to their problem, they found your affiliate offer and thought it was a great solution, but when they buy your affiliate offer and noticed that it’s worthless they’re going to be pissed at you for recommending it to them, and rightfully so! Which means number one they’re never gonna buy from you again, and number two they might even go out of their way to let other people know that you’re promoting crappy offers which can be detrimental to your affiliate marketing business. This is why I stick to only promoting things that I personally use. Now If you want to promote offers that you aren’t using yourself that’s fine, just make sure you check out the offer and verify that it is actually something your customers won’t be mad at you for recommending to them.

I have some questions for the OP!

There are many networks around that accept affiliates without prior experience. I know keyword research plays an important role and it can break or make your career as to what you looking to promote. Is it also a good habit to scour for niches within the affiliate offers itself because you never know what you might come across once you are approved inside the network...what's your take on this approach?

Also, what's your take on networks offering daily payouts I mean cash flow is appreciated but still that makes noobs more greedy right?

Last edited:
MI
Back