The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

15 Things I Hated About Internet Marketing in 2020

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
Everyone have some pet hates, just wish people stops doing it, well I'm clearing out all junk from 2020 so it's some things are like red rag to the bull
  1. Clickbait You Tube thumbnail (not still from video)
  2. Not requested popups, notifications, slideouts
  3. Content that doesn't answer question
  4. 20-second forced You Tube adverts
  5. False content on Google rich snippets (getting worse)
  6. Social media censorship of legal speech
  7. People says something is fact without any evidence/link
  8. Blog posts that don't show publish date
  9. Search engines saying paid ads don't affect SEO (bool sheet)
  10. Broken links (what's so hard about scheduled link checker?)
  11. Changing 2020 to 2021 on 2020 content (please create new content or we lose history)
  12. Ranking tools banning words relate to Covid-19 (so you can't track it), and using Google guidelines as excuse, yeah because Google runs the Internet is it?
  13. Auto-play next video, why? I didn't ask to watch next video
  14. Google police start fining websites for unexpected Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) loading elements in Core Web Vitals, but breaks own rules in "People also ask" feature which takes 3 seconds to appear on SERPs
  15. Marketing product advertisements on YouTube that do everything except get to the point

Last edited:
Everyone have some pet hates, just wish people stops doing it, well I'm clearing out all junk from 2020 so it's some things are like red rag to the bull
  1. Clickbait You Tube thumbnail (not still from video)
  2. Not requested popups, notifications, slideouts
  3. Content that doesn't answer question
  4. 20-second forced You Tube adverts
  5. False content on Google rich snippets (getting worse)
  6. Social media censorship of legal speech
  7. People says something is fact without any evidence/link
  8. Blog posts that don't show publish date
  9. Search engines saying paid ads don't affect SEO (bool sheet)
  10. Broken links (what's so hard about scheduled link checker?)
  11. Changing 2020 to 2021 on 2020 content (please create new content or we lose history)
  12. Ranking tools banning words relate to Covid-19 (so you can't track it), and using Google guidelines as excuse, yeah because Google runs the Internet is it?
for me, is Facebook being soo strict and closing ad accounts for no reason, and the guys are still getting worse :(

@EuronGreyjoy , I think you've covered things that have bugged us all.

giphy.gif

Re the BigG items, Giggle (not a typo, I meant to type it that way :D) lost a lot of fans over the years. Think I noticed it start happening with the advent of the animal updates. But I doubt very much that they care what I think, or how much their changes have and continue to annoy me.

Re the user generated annoyances, they're pains in the butt, all we can do is control our own stuff and create great user experience. Those who don't will continue on the same path as long as it's working for them, or they give up because it doesn't. Unfortunately. Either way, it'll still drive us crazy.

• Social media censorship of legal speech
  • People says something is fact without any evidence/link
  • Blog posts that don't show publish date
  • Search engines saying paid ads don't affect SEO (bool sheet)
  1. Well commercial speech and free speech are not the same.
  2. Evidence? :D The internet? It a societal issue --the internet is just a mirror of that.
  3. No date that is irritating --especially when the information is time sensitive. c-time; m-time; (creation and modified) Is very easy to stat and print to a page. That is a red flag to me ...
  4. Generally, not always, I go right past the top [AD]'s to the organic results.
    Unless, I want the brand with the top ad --circle jerk, isn't it?
HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

I think you have summed up pretty much some of the things that got us all as pointed out by @azgold .

I get frustrated by all these clickbait youtube thumbnails that have nothing to do with the content of the videos.
Also these so called "gurus" on youtube showing tactics and tricks that will supposedly make you lots of $$$.

I had enough of Facebook's bot sensitivity so i closed down my fb account for good and moved to G as a single source of paid ads for now, while working on organic traffic as well.

That's my focus for 2021 (at least the first 6 months).
Master one traffic source before experimenting with additional sources.

It will take discipline, dedication, hard work and ads budget.

Happy 2021 to ya all!

Also these so called "gurus" on youtube showing tactics and tricks that will supposedly make you lots of $$$.

Yeah, they aren't usually gurus. If you check the posted date of those videos, I imagine a lot of them are very old, though it's still going on, I'm sure.

Yeah, they aren't usually gurus. If you check the posted date of those videos, I imagine a lot of them are very old, though it's still going on, I'm sure.

It would help historians alot if websites show publish date & latest modify date also

I have to add this one (applies to 2021 as well)
BIASED MEDIA CENSORSHIP
Google has today removed @realDonaldTrump Twitter account from search results
Instead shows @POTUS (President Biden) top result
Twitter explanation that they made editorial choice 2nd result
Yandex, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go, Baidu, Ecosia all show @realDonaldTrump banned Twitter as top result
Don't be blinded by your hatred or love of Trump
This is about Google censorship of one person
It goes too far imho

banners
Back