The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“FunnelFlux  Zeydoo

10 Things bloggers forget to do

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
Publishers Weblog has a list of what it considers to be 10 things bloggers forget to do.

It is possible that not everyone will agree with all 10 of them. I thought I would mention them in case they could be helpful to some people. Here are the 10 things according to Publishers Weblog.

1. Sitemaps
2. Meta tags & description
3. Linking
4. Analyze
5. Polish
6. Categories
7. Permalinks
8. Social Bookmarking
9. Advertisement
10.Template

I just gave a list of the ten. Publishers Weblog gave explanations and details for each of the 10.

This link will give you everything http://www.publishersweblog.com/blogging/10-things-bloggers-forget-to-do/

Voluum

marcus3000

Affiliate
affiliate
I agree with your list.... I have a blog and just about everything on the list I did not think to do. Thanks for the info.

F

fitnfree

Thanks, Larwee, that's helpful. I'm still trying to get a good handle on this blogging rage. had mine up for months now but seems like I'm the only one paying any attention to it! Little confused about the sitemaps, though. I mean, if you're updating a blog regularily, which I'm doing 3 to 5 times a week, how do you keep the thing updated? You'd constantly be resubitting your sitemap to Google -- or is it enough to do it just "every so often" as I've been doing with the remainder of the site for years? ??

Julia15

great article, thanks Larry.

I especially like the analyze suggestion - it's definitely worthwhile to see where your traffic is coming from and many people often forget this step.

Larwee

affiliate
I thought it could be helpful. Possibly even to some very experienced bloggers because people often get into habits and some of those habits aren't necessarily good ones. A little self-examination can be a good thing at times.

Larwee

affiliate
Fine-tuning could be another way of saying polish. After you have finished simply take a look at it with a very critical eye for things that you could improve, then edit and make those improvements.

warzone

Hello

Ah, I am glad you guys found this post useful and worth the read. I am the blogger on publishersweblog.com. Got kind of excited when I was analyzing my traffic and saw some incoming links from here. Inquisitive as I am, I simply had to follow it up. Thanks to the admin for publicizing my article. For those interested in knowing more can always contact me and I can perhaps set them up with something useful.

Larwee

affiliate
As you can see, many of our members found what you wrote to be very interesting.

Thanks for dropping by warzone. I hope we will be seeing more of you around here in the future.

warzone

ofcourse, rest assured, I will be hanging out here more often now. There seem to be some interesting articles around. loving the change in atmosphere from the usual crowd.

Linda Buquet

Affiliate
affiliate
Hey warzone,

Welcome to 5 Star. Everyone really did like the article so we're glad
it brought you over to us. That's how we suck people in. :p
Kidding! ;)

Seriously though, great job on the blog post.

warzone

thank you. ^^ . This is the third place where i found the article to be posted. Seems like my little blog is finally getting some momentum. Eventhough, I got ages to go before I can call it successful.

banners