The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

10 Things bloggers forget to do

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
Publishers Weblog has a list of what it considers to be 10 things bloggers forget to do.

It is possible that not everyone will agree with all 10 of them. I thought I would mention them in case they could be helpful to some people. Here are the 10 things according to Publishers Weblog.

1. Sitemaps
2. Meta tags & description
3. Linking
4. Analyze
5. Polish
6. Categories
7. Permalinks
8. Social Bookmarking
9. Advertisement
10.Template

I just gave a list of the ten. Publishers Weblog gave explanations and details for each of the 10.

This link will give you everything http://www.publishersweblog.com/blogging/10-things-bloggers-forget-to-do/

I agree with your list.... I have a blog and just about everything on the list I did not think to do. Thanks for the info.

Thanks, Larwee, that's helpful. I'm still trying to get a good handle on this blogging rage. had mine up for months now but seems like I'm the only one paying any attention to it! Little confused about the sitemaps, though. I mean, if you're updating a blog regularily, which I'm doing 3 to 5 times a week, how do you keep the thing updated? You'd constantly be resubitting your sitemap to Google -- or is it enough to do it just "every so often" as I've been doing with the remainder of the site for years? ??

great article, thanks Larry.

I especially like the analyze suggestion - it's definitely worthwhile to see where your traffic is coming from and many people often forget this step.

I thought it could be helpful. Possibly even to some very experienced bloggers because people often get into habits and some of those habits aren't necessarily good ones. A little self-examination can be a good thing at times.

Fine-tuning could be another way of saying polish. After you have finished simply take a look at it with a very critical eye for things that you could improve, then edit and make those improvements.

Hello

Ah, I am glad you guys found this post useful and worth the read. I am the blogger on publishersweblog.com. Got kind of excited when I was analyzing my traffic and saw some incoming links from here. Inquisitive as I am, I simply had to follow it up. Thanks to the admin for publicizing my article. For those interested in knowing more can always contact me and I can perhaps set them up with something useful.

As you can see, many of our members found what you wrote to be very interesting.

Thanks for dropping by warzone. I hope we will be seeing more of you around here in the future.

ofcourse, rest assured, I will be hanging out here more often now. There seem to be some interesting articles around. loving the change in atmosphere from the usual crowd.

Hey warzone,

Welcome to 5 Star. Everyone really did like the article so we're glad
it brought you over to us. That's how we suck people in. :p
Kidding! ;)

Seriously though, great job on the blog post.

thank you. ^^ . This is the third place where i found the article to be posted. Seems like my little blog is finally getting some momentum. Eventhough, I got ages to go before I can call it successful.

MI
Back