Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

10 reasons to use a tracker

Steve @ Voluum

Service Manager
Service Manager
Voluum
“Why do I need a tracker?”

I do get asked this question a lot. So, I decided to gather 10 reasons why investing in a tracker is the way to go.

Buckle up!

#1. Know EVERYTHING About Your Performance

If you’re not tracking your campaigns, you’re losing time and money.

That’s harsh but true. Unfortunately, nothing will help you if you lack data.

A tracker gives you the possibility to know everything about your campaigns:
  • if they’re profitable,
  • how many conversions they are generating,
  • and where your visitors come from.

#2.
Manage All Your Campaigns in One Place

When you’re starting out, you might want to focus on mastering a single traffic source type. But as you grow, you diversify. Especially, if you find something that works, you want to copy and paste it on numerous sources, before anyone else. And that’s when the tricky part starts.

You go through overwhelming amounts of data and spend lots of time on often ineffective performance analysis via spreadsheets.
With a tracker, you manage and optimize your performance painlessly. As you aggregate every piece of data from every campaign and every traffic source on one platform, you get the whole picture of your performance and are able to easily uncover areas that need your attention or improvement.

#3. Use Automation to Skip Exhaustive Manual Work

Once you’ve got a few campaigns up and running, you focus on improving your ad performance and optimizing your campaigns: adjust bids, refine targets, and launch split tests to name a few.

And it’s not over.Once you implement the changes, you monitor the results – all day, every day.

What if I told you that a large part of that work can be taken care of and managed more efficiently than any human ever could, including you?

The most advanced trackers feature AI-powered tools that can automatically redistribute your traffic to the best performing offers, landing pages, and paths. You can put your traffic distribution on autopilot and watch your profits grow.

On top of that, you can turn on mobile and desktop notifications to get alerts when your performance suddenly changes.

#4. Target Your Ads More Effectively

Addressing your ads to the right audience is critical if you want to maximize your conversion rates.

A tracker gives you everything you need to know about your visitors, from the referrer and mobile carrier to device model, operating system, browser and much more, AND enables you to target relevant audiences only by using custom rules.

#5. Get Actionable Insights on Your Performance

As the number of your campaigns increases, so do the volumes of data to process. Converting a bottomless ocean of information into valuable conclusions becomes a real challenge.

With a tracker, your life is a bit easier as you are able to group your data hasslefree and drill down into reports to extract the most important information and get actionable insights.

#6. Test Campaigns for Best Results Easier

Basically, every time you start a campaign in a new geo, try a different angle, a fresh landing page, an improved creative set or any other variable, you should dedicate a part of your budget just for testing. Identifying what your visitors want and what they respond to is the real secret to making big money in affiliate marketing.

Use your tracker to get this knowledge easier and faster.
Rotate your landing pages and offers on a path or campaign level.
Carry out A/B tests automatically and find out where to make changes for improved effectiveness.
Determine which of your campaign’s path performs the best for given conversion goals.

#7. Get Full Support Anytime You Need It

Troubleshooting alone and relying solely on the information found on the Internet is really hard.

The best trackers give you full support throughout your affiliate journey: personal onboarding, live webinars, knowledge-base articles, video tutorials, and much more.

They even have they’re official representatives on the forums (;)) to answer your questions and engage with the community.

--------

One final mssg - when running your campaigns, don't hesitate to ask me anything regarding Voluum / tracking in case of any doubts. I'm here to help you along the way (just mention me @Karolina Voluum - so I get notified and can reply even faster!)

Karolina

Excellent post Karolina!

Also very good point about "Actionable Insights" -- we encounter so many users focusing on things that can't be optimized. It's almost like every traffic source needs its own college course :confused:

MI
Back