The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Your first website and paycheck!

gilwolf

affiliate
I am new to this world of online marketing and i have been doing some research and reading for the past few weeks and I've always wanted to know this but i was scared to ask haha, well maybe someone can motivate us noobies and tell us how your first website and paycheck came out to be? How much did you make in your first 1-2 months of website running and how long maybe it took to get settled in ?

Thanks for all the comments!

*Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section. If so can a MOD please move it to the correct section! Thanks :D

any research is great, but it is smth personal, so it'll be better if you try at least ... any payments depend on how you work...do you have your website?

Toby maybe you misunderstood the thread. I was asking for anyone's monthly bank account balance or anything of the sort lol just a personal experience with your FIRST website or so and your FIRST money earned on internet marketing.

I'd share but it's been so long I don't really remember. I think the 1st affiliate program I promoted was web hosting and I remember thinking I was going to get rich. I don't think I really understood it, doubt I tried very hard, and don't think I ever made a dime on that one. So I'm afraid I'm not a very inspiring story.

But I've also really never done much affiliate marketing as an affiliate. Went right to being an affiliate manager then consultant.

The first one was for me was in the rx market. The first commission was 13$ ... not to much ... but the next one was 99$ and received the check.
That made me say to me: this is for me to do! ( get in the affiliate marketing )

aditd nice haha im glad everything worked out for the best for you :p lol just curious how long ago was that?

It's hard to make money straight away! Most websites creators will have lost money in the first month or longer depending on if they out sourced the designing or SEO.

It took me about 4 months to make my first check online as an affiliate ( about 130 dollars), but took over two years before i put most of the puzzle together and was able to make a full time income, but here is the kicker. Once you have your ah ha moment, it is easy from there on out.

Remember, it is a business, so do not get tunnel vision on one aspect. It is a business, and a business owner has a lot of responsibility and if you drop the ball on any of them, you are doomed to fail. You have to study and keep up as things change, you have to have the social factors, buying triggers, great product or service and the rankings to get qualified traffic. You can not sell a rock guitar in a gardening website, so make sure you are focused.

Kentucky Fried Chicken does chicken, Midas does mufflers, but even though they are focused, they need good Accounting, advertising, funding, cash flow and many other factors most do not see the business owner deal with on a daily basis. It has to be run like a business.

My first couple months I made NADDA! lol. In fact I was losing money. I fell for them buy this program to help this & you need this program for this. It took a while before I started to generate an income. Now I just start a new blog,use some old techniques & before to long I see some traffic & then sales. Then its just rinse & repeat :)

I made money before I knew what affiliate marketing was back in 2002?.. I was an insurance agent and built a website so I had a domain name to put on my business cards - to show off to offline clients. I had no idea about making money online.. didn't care. Just wanted to sell more policies. ;)

But then one day I was looking for an dental plan to sell or cross-sell to my clients.. I called up this guy at dentalplans.com. Said something about putting a link on my site and if someone clicked through it I'd get paid.. no paperwork he said - just send your clients to that page and link on your site. I had no idea how this silly affiliate link think worked... cookies? I knew I liked chocolate chip ones.., but I was good at following directions.

Month or two later I got a check in the mail for $40. Sold a dental plan! :eek:

That was easy.. and there began my journey typing into google, "What's this affiliate marketing?"
:D

banners
Back