The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Word Press Blog

richkid

affiliate
What's the difference between wordpress.org & wordpress.com. I think one needs hosts and other one is free like the blogger.com, is it? But then the free service blog, will it be completely mine or like blogger if rules are changed then the content could be removed?

wordpress.org is the official site for WordPress - where you can download the software, themes, and plug-ins, or get technical assistance.

wordpress.com is the free hosting site for wordpress blogs.

But then the free service blog, will it be completely mine or like blogger if rules are changed then the content could be removed?

Yes the wordpress.com blog hosting site is like blogger, you don't own it
and yes "if rules are changed then the content could be removed."

what happens if you have your own domain redirected to a wordpress.com or blogger.com page? do you still have to abide the terms and conditions?
I hope it does not sound silly, but the "other posts" feature of wordpress.com can bring in loads of traffic from other blogs hosted by them if you tweak the tags right.

what happens if you have your own domain redirected to a wordpress.com or blogger.com page? do you still have to abide the terms and conditions?

Yes. They are hosting your site. Their ToS includes certain restrictions. Those apply to any site they host, whether or not you use your own domain name.

Hosting these days is pretty cheap, really. The advantages of obtaining your own hosting and not relying on free hosting vastly outweight the savings you'll achieve with free hosting, in almost every way.

Aditionally, the ToS can change over time, at the company's discretion. As an extreme, look at what happened recently with all those Angelfire or Geocities sites, where the free hosting was finally cancelled so that overnight hundreds or perhaps thousands of sites just disappeared.s

thank you for taking the time to answer. I am aware of that (started and sold a few hosting outfits over the years). the wordpress honeypot is the traffic aggregation, from my point of view - visitors on other blogs hosted there can be lead to your blog because of that "other posts" feature that most templates allow (Chris Pearson's, for example).
but yes, I see your point - hosting with them would still abide by their TOS

I would advise every marketer to use .org hosted Wordpress, you can get loads of useful plugins, that will generate loads of traffic if used wisely, and will not risk your site being taken off.

What's the difference between wordpress.org & wordpress.com. I think one needs hosts and other one is free like the blogger.com, is it? But then the free service blog, will it be completely mine or like blogger if rules are changed then the content could be removed?

you can also use wordpress for your own site, and host it on your own server. This way you can customize your url...

thank you for taking the time to answer. I am aware of that (started and sold a few hosting outfits over the years). the wordpress honeypot is the traffic aggregation, from my point of view - visitors on other blogs hosted there can be lead to your blog because of that "other posts" feature that most templates allow (Chris Pearson's, for example).
but yes, I see your point - hosting with them would still abide by their TOS

Great. You will see in time that your investment is going to return. It is not even a big one. But there are loads of opportunities in a self hosted WP blog.

you can also use wordpress for your own site, and host it on your own server. This way you can customize your url...

If you're going to host your Wordpress.com blog on your own server, I don't see why you can't just install it on your server instead.

Wordpress.com is just good enough for people who have no intentions of making money online like a foreign exchange student who want to blog about his life in that new school for his peers at home.

If you're going to host your Wordpress.com blog on your own server, I don't see why you can't just install it on your server instead.

Wordpress.com is just good enough for people who have no intentions of making money online like a foreign exchange student who want to blog about his life in that new school for his peers at home.

Sure, that is what it is for. And unfortunately many blogs with ads do get deleted. If you are using blogger and put on affiliate links, Google can ban your account, so your revenue from all your sites' adsense will be frozen.
Just not worth it.

If you are using blogger and put on affiliate links, Google can ban your account, so your revenue from all your sites' adsense will be frozen.
Just not worth it.

Blogger is less strict about it than Wordpress. If you're gonna use blogger, get a template that removes the strip at the top so people can't flag your blog.

In any case, I'd recommend if you're serious about making money online and serious about producing content, then its a good idea to get a domain and hosting and install wordpress because you're building your own virtual real estate.

Websites gain value with time and you can sell it for a lot more than the price of the domain, hosting and the cost to produce the content. You can't sell something that you don't own in this case your wordpress or blogger blog.

I would definitely pay for cheap hosting (I love hostgator) and then run a self-hosted wordpress blog, because it is such an efficient and user friendly platform.

Serious people go for wordpress.org where they have the chance to get a selfhosted wordpress. However, the free version can be use drive traffic and syndicate content for back links.

MI
Back