The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seeking Help Travel Based Blog

robertbanking

Hello you very intelligent and amazing people that make up this great forum, i do hope you are all doing well today.

I am thinking about starting a travel based blog part time, my relative travels alot and has alot of photos and experiences he has shared with me. I want to detail his experiences in a travel based blog as he does not have any website development skills. I am going to get onto Momondo affiliate program as a sponsor to put relevant advertisements around the site to try monetise it. Can i please ask how i would market this site, any potential advertisement strategies, to try get my target audience to this site please, such as people interested in travelling, who have disposable income please? I want to try drive traffic to the blog and the sponsor which would be Momondo and want to try make this convert as much as possible. I would be very thankful and grateful for any support you can kindly give me, it would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and support. Hope you have a wonderful day and all the very best to you.

Do it in the first person. When I traveled to [location] with my wife we ...

Usually, review narrative context is used for many, or most, affiliate sites trying to monitize with travel related CPA offers ;)

Thank you very much for your response Graybeard that is very kind of you and i very much hope you are well.

I appreciate you mentioning to do it in the first person i will certainly make a note of that. Can i kindly ask lastly please the best promotional methods (places to advertise my blog) to try get my intended target audience please? If you kindly had any thoughts on this it would be more appreciated than you may know.

Thank you very much for your support and do hope you enjoy the rest of your day. All the very best to you.

I am thinking about starting a travel based blog part time

What do you mean by "part time"? You are either "all in or all out" with content sites.

my relative travels alot and has alot of photos and experiences he has shared with me. I want to detail his experiences in a travel based blog

What you are actually trying to do is document another person's travels and travel experiences. If this is your premise for a travel related site, then you need to embrace that dynamic and document many experiences of many travelers. Documenting the travels of a single person is too limiting.

It seems to me, from all you propose, that you have no experience with a content site.

I am thinking about

This is how you start your conversation, which pretty much means you have not established a plan. The plan is where you need to start. You must outline, in a notebook (MS Office, et al), all of the aspects from your initial thoughts to all of the goals and action steps necessary to do this. Travel related content sites are highly competitive, but when done correctly are very lucrative.

Momondo affiliate program

Per Momondo:
Momondo is a travel fare metasearch engine and aggregator owned by KAYAK. Similar to KAYAK, Momondo searches and displays cheap fares for tickets, stays, car rentals, and experiences.

You have the potential to earn US$0.65 per click on desktops and tablets and US$0.45 per click on mobile searches. Right now, the affiliate product is available for flights only. Also, reach out to the brand directly for additional support and exclusive deals if you have more than 200,000 unique site visitors a month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This is not a true "Affiliate Program", though it is an approved affiliate partner (like an aff network) that organizes affiliates, manages their conversions, takes a piece, and then pays you a bit of chump change. I am in the travel niche. I am affiliate in many travel related affiliate programs including private air charter, private yacht charter, destination packages, etc. Mondo is nothing more than a form of smartlink that can result in what we call penny commissions. Commissions typically under a dollar. That is not a profitable means by which to monetize a travel site. I don't have a single affiliate link on my travel and charter sites that earn less than $50 and most are in the hundreds, with some in the thousands.

If you plan on monetizing a travel site, I think you have to design your specific travel niche and then build consistently updated content that builds an audience from that niche. you seem to want to build an audience for a specific link provider, Momondo. This is just not consistent with a successful niche model. Your site must be aimed at a specific niche, and then you select the offers to present them.

• Social media --travel groups.
  • If you have video footage maybe TikTok organic.
  • PPC "could work" but may be too expensive --depends on how and what you will monetize with ...

Thank you very much for all your responses they do mean alot and i am very thankful for your support. I hope you are all doing well.

I very much appreciate your critical comments T J Tutor i am learning all the time about affiliate marketing and content sites, so your support is appreciated. I am formulating a plan on Microsoft Word, i am writing down my goals and action steps to take this forward.

Can i please kindly ask what kind of affiliate or traffic source would work best with Momondo, as you are correct you highlighted a very interesting point. They are paying for a flight search and only paying you quite a small commission, it makes me wonder what kind of setup would be beneficial to work with Momondo? Lastly can you please kindly give me some examples of the commissions structures or affiliate programs you work with from your content site please? If you had a moment to get back to me i would be very thankful.

I appreciate your support i am learning all the time, so any help really is more appreciated than you may know. Wishing you a wonderful day and all the very best.

MI
Back