The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Will my sites gets punished for duplicate content?

jordan2009

affiliate
Hi,

We run a web site and have worked hard over the last two years to ensure our web site ranks well on Google. We have had some great results, but I am concerned about our rankings being penalised....

We took over a competitor web site in January, and have re-designed their web site and launched a new version this week. All product details are now fed from one product database, so the text content for each product page is very similar. However, the page title is different.

How does Google treat this? We're not trying to cheat our way to occupying two positions in Google's search results, it's simply just more sensible to run the two sites from one central database.

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated?

Thank you

Jordan

Yes, there are some chances, but why to copy others content? Write your own articles content, may be your writing style will not be like professionals but your ideas may be valuable and can drive visitors as well as impress search engine spiders.

There is actually no serious penalty for duplicate contents. Google will give priority to the source than the Page contain the duplicate. But if entire website is a copy of other...hmmmm

The first website will show in high SERP.

There is actually no serious penalty for duplicate contents. Google will give priority to the source than the Page contain the duplicate. But if entire website is a copy of other...hmmmm

The first website will show in high SERP.

I too have not heard about the penalty issues for duplicate content, but if you are promoting your site on other article sites or social bookmarking sites, there are chances of getting noticed by the members or admins of those sites about your duplicate content. It can make a bad impact on your site and your site may get ban from those sites or the users may spread the bad words about your site.

yes......there will be some deduction on your rankings i think.... that's the way how they penalize a site :D

Hey google duplicate content filter id not that much strong, but if you are copying all the content from one website then the original one will be given priority. The main thing is google loves original content, try to have some original content which is recommended and good for your site too

It is not compulsory that you will be punished for copying the content. Unless the content is copyrighted there won't be any problem.

As far as I can tell, quite a few "authority" sites such as news websites somewhat rely on this duplicate content issue. I have seen many news site that get their feed from other sources and pull them all into one site. I have also seen many auto blogs that obviously rely on duplicate content, have PR ranks of as high as 4. So personally, I don't think duplicate content in and of it self will get you in trouble.

I think, as someone said, it's more things like complete duplicating of an entire website, or any other flouting of google rules.

See that you don't copy the copyrighted content on other websites. Till then you are safe. But Google will not forgive you. Content replication is considered as a big fraud by Google. And will decrease you in page rank and search listings.

banners
Back