The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Which traffic methods do you focus on every day?

i do article submissions, forums posting, Blogging and I din't do social networking yet but yesterday i joined twitter.com and made 500 friend network, share some interests there, i got two visitors only. I spent 2hrs, I think time waste there.

I dont do marketing everyday, not that link-building is proper marketing anyway bcos its not, its actually gaming the seach engines and they dont like it.

Link building is only effective if a website reaches 'critical mass' and thats hardly ever done. I know of only a few cases where this has been done and even that only turned out to be very minor success, and only on the web - NOT outside of that, so its really not great for anybody apart from webmasters, and webmasters are such a tiny part of the world's customer/searcher base.

I use the Press, hardly buy advertising, dont do SEO and have pretty much jacked in the link swapping. If Link exchanging doesn't improve for us in the next 6 months, I'll be removing our links page at least. Few proper businesses swap links and the only traffic we get from webmaster sites is free link beggers, majority of these aren't even targeted - No Thanks!

It just wastes more of our time than we get back from it.

I guess this free marketing/linking craze is over, due to the value of webspace - firms and site owners know they can charge a lot for webspace, so why give it away.

i do article submissions, forums posting, Blogging and I din't do social networking yet but yesterday i joined twitter.com and made 500 friend network, share some interests there, i got two visitors only. I spent 2hrs, I think time waste there.

Just making friends and expecting benefits from them in just a day or one week really don't work. You need to give them something to get benefit from them. Share your thoughts, take interest in them and understand them and let them know about you. when they are familiar with you, automatically you will get the results. All i can say is twitter is a great tool for driving visitors.

some of the easiest ways to bring traffic to a website is Twitter, Blogging, Forums, article comments. It doesn't requires much time only you will need to add quality work.

I dont do marketing everyday, not that link-building is proper marketing anyway bcos its not, its actually gaming the seach engines and they dont like it.

Link building is only effective if a website reaches 'critical mass' and thats hardly ever done. I know of only a few cases where this has been done and even that only turned out to be very minor success, and only on the web - NOT outside of that, so its really not great for anybody apart from webmasters, and webmasters are such a tiny part of the world's customer/searcher base.

I use the Press, hardly buy advertising, dont do SEO and have pretty much jacked in the link swapping. If Link exchanging doesn't improve for us in the next 6 months, I'll be removing our links page at least. Few proper businesses swap links and the only traffic we get from webmaster sites is free link beggers, majority of these aren't even targeted - No Thanks!

It just wastes more of our time than we get back from it.

I guess this free marketing/linking craze is over, due to the value of webspace - firms and site owners know they can charge a lot for webspace, so why give it away.

A colleague of mine has told me that Google will now penalise you for Link Exchange, do you know if there is any truith in that?

Yes, it can do, but only if you link to bad websites that engage in dodgy link practises. 3 way linking is something Google dislikes, so avoid that.

3 way linking is when eg: a gambling site suggests you put their links on your site, and in return they put yours on a totally different site to the one (link exchanger) they own.

If you do, you can end up with an unfair deal to a unrelated link swap, which means untargeted traffic.

I use social medias and you tube channel to drive traffic to my website. social networks are very powerful thus are the great ways to drive traffic.

I have considered blog commenting,forum posting,social bookmarking and networking,Blogging as my daily task for doing SEO for my site.

From this way we have to get traffic.
1. classifieds posting
2. Social network sharing
3. Forum posting

this way of traffic never gives the business, if you need only visitors then you can follow otherwise don't do it.
---------------------

I would always prefer to work on creating Web 2.0 pages, Article Submissions, Blog Commenting and Twitter.

MI
Back