The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Which option is better for building a minisite?

deepsilence

affiliate
hello! as a newbie ,these days i read a lot about building a minisite for a niche,i'm at a loss as to which option is better for building a minisite? wordpress,some CMS software like Website Baker,or some easy software such as 19 pages? i want to try 19 pages software ,but can't find download link now, can someone give me some advice? thanks!:)

Hi deepsilence,

I don't know much about the other 2 but WordPress is the most popular and my guess is, it's the most mature and easiest to use. Lots of affiliates use it, it's free, there is great support and there are tons of themes available.

Yeah, Wordpress is the Best CMS which is very easy to use. You have great community support and most important it's FREE and you have thousands of free themes and plugins which are very helpful for managing your blog.
As it's get updated very frequently hence you can rely on it for it's excellent security features.

Another vote from Wordpress here....I find it very easy to use and there are so many plugins that you can do just about anything you want with your website!

There is alot of platform you can depend on, but I will recommend to start with weebly. easy and effective.

But donot forget weebly is start, search for advanced website builder when you are getting more and more professional.

Hi deepsilence,

I don't know much about the other 2 but WordPress is the most popular and my guess is, it's the most mature and easiest to use. Lots of affiliates use it, it's free, there is great support and there are tons of themes available.

Another plus factor is that, wordpress is very easy to optimize ... a very search-engine friendly script..

Hi,
I think it is a wise choice to use Wordpress, because most of internet marketer use Wordpress. It is easy to manage, and we have lot of support information.

There are cheap services that help you create a site for free, simply provide a hosting and domain name and within 24hrs you can have your new site up and running.

You can then proceed to editing it if you wish or adding your product.

If you can afford hosting now, perhaps you can try blogger dot com. It's a free blog owned by Google.

The great thing about Wordpress is that if you decide at any time to expand from a minisite to a much larger one, it is there for you. It can handle it.

Wordpress blogs are very search engine friendly, easy to use and have ready to use plugins and themes which can be used to build professional websites. Updating websites is very simple which don't require any technical or coding skills.

Definitely agree with the Wordpress. It has all the widgets and applications you might need, very simple to use. Your site is ready within a day and you can start adding contest right away. This is a great way to start !

#1. You are a newbie.

biggest mistake they make? complicating a process that doesn't need to be complicated.

I know, been there before (and trust me, you don't want to go there).

Wordpress is the way to go. Self-hosted is 100x better. A domain is like $10 and hosting is free the first month at hostgator. Follow the instructions, wordpress is easy to install, and you now have control over your website and your business.

I see that someone mentioned blogger...

I read a story yesterday of a guy that had a blogger account and built lots of mini sites and he got between $1 - $10 per day from each of them.

He was making $20,000 a month in total and then one day he went to his account and all his sites were gone.

Blogger thought that some of his sites were spam and shut down all of them.

Be very careful with blogger.

Rob

Thanks for sharing that Rob. We always caution people that with blogger or other hosted sites you are at the mercy of the company that hosts you and could end up losing it all. What you shared is a glaring example of that.

As everyone has already stated, WordPress is a great place to start. It may take a little time to learn how to set it up, but will be well worth it. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Lillie

Hello Rob,
Yeah, such free blogging platform are not reliable hence you should go with paid hosting service provider who can offer you excellent hosting support, services and security...

banners
Back