The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Which are stronger backlinks and produce greater results in SERP for the same phrase?

MakeMoneyOnline

affiliate
Which are stronger backlinks and produce greater results in SERP for the same keyword phrase? All blogs and forums have the same page rank pr5 and all the same relative content. (Hybrid Toyota motors)

1,000 comment backlinks from10 blogs
or
1,000 signature links from 10 forums

There are lot of other factor that has to be considered, for example where page, position etc the link are placed.

Some more things to consider:
Are blogs uses "nofollow" ? since most of the blogs uses nofollow in comments.
What is the signature policy of the forum? Since there may be some policy like one in UKWW, that is your signature links will be nofollow if your post has less than 80 words.

wow i didnt knew that.So all my signature links are no-follow...because almost never write more than 80 words...anyway i dont post for getting backlinks anyway :)

I would imagine it would also depend on how many external links each page had for example :

forum Sig : 10 people reply to the post all having 3 sig links , 10 posts on a page = 30 outbound links just from sigs along

same goes for the blog, if yours is the only comment then the blog would be better off

I would say that most blogs are nofollow and most forums are follow, so it has to be signature links. However, the value of these depends on a number of factors. Does the sites have millions of links to every site on the web or just a few to sites in a related niche.

I think it really depends, if the sites or blogs have dofollow attributes. It also depends on the pages of the site/blog.

Assuming all things being equal (nofollow etc) I'd say the blogs are stronger as they'd have less spam and outbound links, and probably more ontopic copy.

MI
Back