monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Whats the biggest amount you've lost?

Discussion in 'General Internet Marketing' started by K, Feb 9, 2013.

1. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

So everyones always talking about gains, but whats the most you've ever lost online?

2. monetizer
  3. cyberstorm

cyberstorm Affiliate affiliate

I recently started out with CPA offers. I loaded $25 into a 7Search campaign and didn't make a single conversion!
    Learning curve money!

4. lokiys

lokiys Get your fix Ninja! affiliate

Really ? What was your Cost Per Click ?

5. Freddy63

Freddy63 Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

I just lost $500 last month. Adbrite closed down without paying publishers.
    Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

6. rockstarvipul

rockstarvipul Affiliate affiliate

3k$ scammer scammed me for my fanpage!

7. LukePeerFly

LukePeerFly Super Moderator Super Mod moderator Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

I sold a website too early and it ended up generating over $100k. I sold it for less than $2k.

8. cyberstorm

cyberstorm Affiliate affiliate

It was between $0.04 and $0.10 depending on the keyword.

My mistake was not changing the ad type. I did get a fair amount of clicks however, but without a single conversion the campaign was a flop.

9. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

Ouch!

10. Jay Wessman

Jay Wessman Affiliate affiliate

I bought a website for a a few thousand bucks way back when Flippa was still quite new and even though I had done my researched it turned out I got totally ripped off.

The site was "suppoosed" to be bringing in about $30/day (or something like that I can't remember exactly) through CPA rebill offers and some adsense but the whole time I had the site I never got one single measly conversion and only received a couple of measly adsense clicks.

After doing some more research I found a whole bunch of other very similar sites being sold out there with very similar screenshots and descriptions and I'm pretty sure the whole thing was just a scam and the "revenue" was nothing but photoshopped statistics... bastards.

Oh well. Live and learn.

11. dinabrokoth

dinabrokoth The Fix'er! affiliate

I ended up buying WSO products about $200 while those were crappy contents inside.

12. CashAdsSarrah

CashAdsSarrah Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

I also lost money from Adbrite, $800.00

13. operationoffers

operationoffers Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

with the collapse of some larger networks we got burned a few times, but we are pretty good about watching for red flags and pulling the reins back on campaigns and networks or advertisers as a whole. We lost a few thousand on a few networks that have not paid. nothing tragic, but it does sting

14. mattyboy

mattyboy Affiliate affiliate

A couple thousand. Not losses from networks. Just doing dumb shit with campaigns or letting non profitable ones run too long!

Featured Resources (View All)

MI