The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Website

fheath

affiliate
I am looking to build a website as soon as I decide on my niche. Can anyone tell me the best place for a website?

fheath,

Another option would be using something like squidoo which you can create a free page to promote your product.

You could easily learn how to create your own site with a free website builder like NVU. That's how I got started and I had no idea about HTML codes or anything else. It's easy, you see it as you're editing it.

There are a bunch of places you can get free website templates as well.

Those are the 2 things that you can do to cut costs, but I would definitely not recommend free hosting or free autoresonder. Go get yourself a domain name and a good host at the very least. But to create a website on your own instead of paying someone else to do it is fun and brings out your creativity. Not only that, but right there you're increasing your skill set for your life as an Internet marketer.

Sheree

I always use godaddy.com because you can get free hosting if you buy a domain with them. Also, if you do a search online, you can get a promo code for 10% off (just do a google search for "godaddy promo code") You will put this in when you are about to pay for your order. You will see a box that says "Promo code" You end up only paying around 5 dollars for the whole year for the domain name and free hosting. The free hosting does have an ad on the top for godaddy. If you want to pay for hosting with them, its about 5 dollars a month, every month.

if your talking about hosting check out host gator. i've been using them for awhile and they have cheap plans for starters and the support is excellent.

I am an advanced newbie but still lack website building skills, however, Godaddy has a Website Tonight program that works pretty good. It is best to use firefox browser to build it though. I had some problems doing it with internet explorer. The main thing required with the website tonight is patience--but once you learn it --it is easy.

The support from Godaddy is Excellent...they walked me through many mistakes and problems---Always with good results. I highly recommend them.

Also, I tried Coffee Cup, and it is okay, but I like Website Tonight better.

My favorite to build is Google Blogger Blogs, they are easy and fun to build but Google has alot of control. I have 4 of them and am stopping there until I can see results and know how to
report about them later.

Wishing You Well,

Sierra :)

You could easily learn how to create your own site with a free website builder like NVU. That's how I got started and I had no idea about HTML codes or anything else. It's easy, you see it as you're editing it.

There are a bunch of places you can get free website templates as well.

Many people believe that because it is free, it does not do a good job with web site building. Even though I use other programs, I still like to use it and I think it does a nice job, and your right Marketingmama it is especially good for beginners that don't know HTML.

Yes, you can use the free hosting from godaddy when you buy a domain name, but I have found the search engines won't give you the time of day. And if you going to be building a business with your website, it does not look very professional using a free hosting program.

You can get basic hosting for around 5.00 a month (even cheaper if you sign up for a long time) and forgive me for sounding crass, but if you want to build a home business online and don't want to pay even $5 a month for hosting then do you think other people will take your site seriously?

If you want free hosting and want to play around with creating a page, squidoo does have great tutorial and help for you. and yes, it is a great way to drive traffic to your existing websites.

I do like Godaddy for hosting but I also like ANhosting. I use both of them and have not had any problems that customer support was not able to help me with.

Jumar

I've actually been using free hosting at Google Pages (http://pages.google.com), because you can create a page outside of the site and upload it as an .html page, then direct your domain or subdomain there. That way, it actually looks like a paid hosted site.

Another upside to this is that Google loves Google! You get indexed pretty fast, and my pages have moved up pretty quickly, despite the fact that I've done next to no promotion lately.

Also, I've found that if you also do a Blogspot blog, and crosslink the two sites, you'll get more attention from Google. Be sure to update both of them frequently.

After only a month of doing this, my gardening pages are on page 2 of Google under the main keyword, and are getting a lot more traffic from Google than before.

I also use NVU, even though I do know a little HTML. If you do know some, you can do some awesome things with it. Just be sure to check your page in all browsers before you publish it. I found that sometimes NVU pages don't show right in IE.

banners
Back