The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The world’s fastest HDD

kappa84

affiliate
Western Digital has just launched its WD VelociRaptor, the new 10000 RPM generation HDD. In comparison with its old Raptor generation, the Velociraptor has doubled its capacity reaching now 300GB, and the performance went up with 35%.

For now, the new WD VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS will be available only with an Alienware system, and by the middle of May it will be hitting the shelves with a price of 300 E.

Seems to be a brilliant piece of technology, don’t think it will pass so much time untill all the computers will start selling with these HDDs.

Wow! This is something I am going to have to get my hands on! Just think of the possibilities this hard drive can do!

:lol::kneeled: amazing technology these days. Just wish mine would wash my car.. :)

Jack

Western Digital has just launched its WD VelociRaptor, the new 10000 RPM generation HDD. In comparison with its old Raptor generation, the Velociraptor has doubled its capacity reaching now 300GB, and the performance went up with 35%.

For now, the new WD VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS will be available only with an Alienware system, and by the middle of May it will be hitting the shelves with a price of 300 E.

Seems to be a brilliant piece of technology, don’t think it will pass so much time untill all the computers will start selling with these HDDs.

Solid state hard drives are much faster.

10000 RPM drives are pretty common amongst high end server such as HP Proliant ML370 which can be fitted with 10000rpm SAS SFF drives.

Seagate do a 15000rpm drive too.

btw - rpm isn't the only factor in hard disk throughput.

For example if you set up a RAID 0 array you get even better throughput compared to a single disk.

Other considerations - usually the higher the rpm the noisier the HD.

banners
Back