The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The ready, shoot, aim approach

hondo5

affiliate
I recently just completed my first affiliate site. I did not do a lot of the things like keyword research or niche testing as I began this project 2 months ago with not much besides motivation and some very basic knowledge of affiliate marketing. I know the niche I chose is among the most competitive. I know the chances of me having much success are probably very slim. But I think what matters is taking action. I could have likely used more education on affiliate marketing but instead I jumped in head first. I chose a niche I was passionate about and began working towards it. I intend to keep this thread updated as I intend to use it as a journal to track my day to day progress. Ill include all my failures and successes but most importantly what I've learned.

Did something similar a few years ago. Not the thread bit but the jumping in bit. Now it's my best performing website. Not doing so well in the search engines but getting a few thousand visitors a day. A lot to be said about following your passion :)

Just finished up day 1. So far this is what I have done.

-began uploading articles(I have around 60 completed.)
-started posting in related blogs. I am not sure how to go about linking up to my own site this way. I have read about cloaking the link so that it wont get deleted or dismissed as spam.
-subscribed to a couple social bookmarking sites.
-submitted new articles to some of the article sites.

I have thought a lot about day 2 and what I will begin doing. I am focused a lot at this point on trying to drive targeted traffic to the site. I will probably be looking for forums to join that I can throw my signature and link to. Of course I will continue pushing the directory submissions and submitting articles. Anything else I missing to drive traffic to the site??

Just finished up day 1. So far this is what I have done.

-began uploading articles(I have around 60 completed.)
-started posting in related blogs. I am not sure how to go about linking up to my own site this way. I have read about cloaking the link so that it wont get deleted or dismissed as spam.
-subscribed to a couple social bookmarking sites.
-submitted new articles to some of the article sites.

I have thought a lot about day 2 and what I will begin doing. I am focused a lot at this point on trying to drive targeted traffic to the site. I will probably be looking for forums to join that I can throw my signature and link to. Of course I will continue pushing the directory submissions and submitting articles. Anything else I missing to drive traffic to the site??

If you want to drive consistent traffic to your site, you will NEED to choose long tail low competition keywords. Have a look at the Google keyword tool that will give you lots of ideas. When you have chosen keywords which you think are relevant and suit your purpose go into Google and type the keyword in with quotes. One with less than 5000 competing pages means there is a high possibility of getting a good ranking. Include your keyword in your article title and at the top and bottom of the body content.
Keep it up!

Good advice tedwood. I'm going to do some work on looking at low competition keywords. I didn't do this when I started because I just wanted to jump in and learn. I was unable to get much today because of job type stuff that kept me busy. I am ready to move on though and continue moving towards being successful at this. I am still submitting to things like search engines, article carnivals, and related blogs that could drive some targeted traffic.

Btw, I actually got a couple clicks today which is a step in the right direction I guess, A couple questions I have come across while working on this campaign today and yesterday.
How do I "cloak" an affiliate link while im posting on related blogs and forums?
What other avenues can I explore to continue getting a steady traffic stream? I thought about things like link exchanges and such but feel that will be tough since I don't have a lot in return to offer.
Also the articles, should I spread them out across the days so it looks like fresh content everyday or upload them all at once so it I have a lot of content on there right now?

There are several posts here regarding link cloaking. There is more than one way and you need to find the way that works best for you.

Btw, I actually got a couple clicks today which is a step in the right direction I guess, A couple questions I have come across while working on this campaign today and yesterday.
How do I "cloak" an affiliate link while im posting on related blogs and forums?
What other avenues can I explore to continue getting a steady traffic stream? I thought about things like link exchanges and such but feel that will be tough since I don't have a lot in return to offer.
Also the articles, should I spread them out across the days so it looks like fresh content everyday or upload them all at once so it I have a lot of content on there right now?

With regards to cloaking i am not too sure but people have said buy a .info and redirect traffic from that site so it doesnt seem an affiliate link.
Link exchanges are not a good idea really as im not sure if Google adds much link juice to it.
As with the articles spread them out across the days as you will get a consistent form of traffic then especially if you have targeted keywords.
Also with the 5000 in quotes advice before, its best to look at the highest competitors and see if they are SEO'd and strong if they are its best to leave it and look elsewhere. It will be too hard to rank.

Been busy for the last couple days working on projects along with the website itself. I have continued submitting to article directories and things like that but I spend the bulk of my time working on article writing and updating the site. I just realized I never dropped the link so you guys could take a look at it and provide feedback. I know there are definitely flaws but I want to see what you guys think and what I can do differently.

{link removed - links to gambling sites are not permitted: see Forum Rules}

I also do a lot of freelance writing projects for other websites so its been busy writing articles for others in between writing my own articles. Looking forward to the feedback here.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey,good for you,my friend..
keep up the great work
you can learn from every mistake you make..learning by doing is the best
anyway, if you are really in a very competitive market, I suggest you to find a related forum and participate there. since you love that niche, it will not be difficult for you to share and help other people in that forum. get your signature there and success are waiting for you

MI
Back