The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Stuck in the Rut with a Shoestring budget

This is how I feel when it comes to my Affiliate journey. More than a year ago after discovering that this world exist, I am still reading and searching and getting frustrated when I feel like I am going nowhere fast.

I read threads about what stops you from getting started and it is sometimes comforting to know you are not alone. The sad reality is that you can't take comfort to the bank and I really want to know how to get out of this place especially with a very, very limited budget. Where should I start? I feel like if I don't start now, I never will.

Hi @Annabella101 ,

You are lucky. There are people without even having any budget and have to freelance while learning and implementing.
Be positive:)

You are right, start now, build your legend.

Anyway, just my two cents:
If you are on a tight budget, I would say consider doing mobile, with low payout offers, using cheap traffic sources.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for responding @Adstar. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. With all that's going around me or not going I was starting to feel very despondent. Thanks for your encouraging words and suggestion to be positive.

Hi, @Annabella101 !

It can be easy to get discouraged, can happen to anyone sometimes but we are 'Fixers...just let us know if you need help or encouragement and we'll do our best to support you. :)

I think @Adstar gave you some good advice but keep in mind that cheap traffic doesn't always pan out, so keep your eye on things - optimize and watch your budget.

Another inexpensive method is email marketing. You could also do social marketing for free.
*** Make sure the offer allows for these types of promotion ***

Hi, @Annabella101 !

It can be easy to get discouraged, can happen to anyone sometimes but we are 'Fixers...just let us know if you need help or encouragement and we'll do our best to support you. :)

I think @Adstar gave you some good advice but keep in mind that cheap traffic doesn't always pan out, so keep your eye on things - optimize and watch your budget.

Another inexpensive method is email marketing. You could also do social marketing for free.
*** Make sure the offer allows for these types of promotion ***
The "Fixers" makes me smile. I am going to get this done. I must, and thank you for always being so positive yourself.

Hey Annabella,
it's always better to regret about what you've done then to regret about not doing something.
So think this way: "Even if I fail, at least I've tried".

I think for most of us, it's necessary to fail in order to succeed. It is possible to have some success on a limited or even zero budget. May I suggest building up multiple social media accts, and use them to drive traffic to your website or offer. This does take time and a bit of strategy, but it will pay off later.

Hey Annabella,
it's always better to regret about what you've done then to regret about not doing something.
So think this way: "Even if I fail, at least I've tried".
Thank you. As I read this I am fighting ( I will win the fight) with a faulty laptop doing what @jhixraz suggested which is build some social media accounts. I realise that traffic is critical to success here. I have these memories of LazyassStoner preaching traffic, traffic, traffic and much more of course.

This is how I feel when it comes to my Affiliate journey. More than a year ago after discovering that this world exist, I am still reading and searching and getting frustrated when I feel like I am going nowhere fast.

I read threads about what stops you from getting started and it is sometimes comforting to know you are not alone. The sad reality is that you can't take comfort to the bank and I really want to know how to get out of this place especially with a very, very limited budget. Where should I start? I feel like if I don't start now, I never will.

Hi @Annabella101 ! been there, done that. I know the feeling when you know this amazing world exist but you actually need to put in some money to make it work.

First, I'd recommend you to go to Youtube and search for "passive income reality gary vaynerchuk" and watch the video, because that's what everyone nowdays is trying to pitch/sell. Don't get distracted and focus in one thing at the time.

Limited budget? no problem, sell your services on Fiverr or freelance or any other freelancer sites and start earning that budget.

If you want to get your biz up and running and change your current situation, you just need to focus and take action on something.

If you need any help, just hit me up and I'll do my best.

Cheers!

Carlos

Thank you @Carlos7ROI. I am get so overwhelmed and without going into everything there are some external matters that make this even more challenging but I am trying. I've never been anywhere where it feels like there is nothing but great advice and encouragement. However I have to confess that I have a massive problem maintaining my focus.

Two years ago and a budget would not have been an issue. Anyway I will leave the past just there and feed on the encouragement I get here. There is no question I will have a look at the Youtube videos. Thank you again.

Thank you @Carlos7ROI. I am get so overwhelmed and without going into everything there are some external matters that make this even more challenging but I am trying. I've never been anywhere where it feels like there is nothing but great advice and encouragement. However I have to confess that I have a massive problem maintaining my focus.

Two years ago and a budget would not have been an issue. Anyway I will leave the past just there and feed on the encouragement I get here. There is no question I will have a look at the Youtube videos. Thank you again.

Once you have the mindset thing going on, you'll be amazed on all the things you thought you were not able to do but in fact, you are.

2 years ago I had the budget and started doing CPA but even like that I lost money in the front end but I gained something more valuable: Data. See, you need to look at this as "getting data" and not "spending money"; what I mean is that even if you have the budget you are not guaranteed to make a killing right off the bat because it takes time, testing and dedication to find that winning campaign.

Good luck and let me know whenever I can help!

Cheers

Carlos

Once you have the mindset thing going on, you'll be amazed on all the things you thought you were not able to do but in fact, you are.

2 years ago I had the budget and started doing CPA but even like that I lost money in the front end but I gained something more valuable: Data. See, you need to look at this as "getting data" and not "spending money"; what I mean is that even if you have the budget you are not guaranteed to make a killing right off the bat because it takes time, testing and dedication to find that winning campaign.

Good luck and let me know whenever I can help!

Cheers

Carlos
Well you have helped tons already - you and all of the others here. I am here at my retail outlet and it's terribly quiet so I started to listen to "Gary Vaynerchuk" and at times I feel like he's talking directly to me. When I discovered this 'thing' called Affiliate Marketing all I kept saying was 'this is too much for my old non techy brain . I have to find a way to get my son interested. Surely he'll understand this better and he already has a social media presence. I am 'too old' for this. It's too much....blah, blah, blah"........Gary's videos are timely! Thank you.

Well you have helped tons already - you and all of the others here. I am here at my retail outlet and it's terribly quiet so I started to listen to "Gary Vaynerchuk" and at times I feel like he's talking directly to me. When I discovered this 'thing' called Affiliate Marketing all I kept saying was 'this is too much for my old non techy brain . I have to find a way to get my son interested. Surely he'll understand this better and he already has a social media presence. I am 'too old' for this. It's too much....blah, blah, blah"........Gary's videos are timely! Thank you.

I don't believe people is "too old" for anything, and I do feel the same way every time I listen to Gary and that's why I recommended it to you :)

Sure, sometimes I feel old myself and not able to understand everything around me but one of the things I learned in internet marketing is to "delegate" the things you are not able to do yourself. You don't need tons of money to make it work or "super tools", you simply need to get started even results take years to come, at least you won't regret you didn't do something.

Like I said, if you don't have a budget go to sites like Fiverr or any freelancer site and see what other people is offering for services. Sure you'll have to spend time but if you really want it, that extra income will help you tremendously in the future.

Have a great day!

Carlos

Anabella101, believe in yourself and everything will turn out. All with what they start , mistakes and lose money. It is necessary to go ahead no matter what.

banners
Back